Ready, set, operate...

Kim M.
on 9/26/06 10:42 am - Manassas, VA
I'm just waiting for the day. 11.8.06 is one week before my 42nd birthday. It seems near, but yet so far. Does anyone have any pre or post op suggestions? Also, I'm having a hard time with clothing. I can't fit into anything I wore last year and I don't want to spend any money on clothes because my surgery is only 6 1/2 weeks away.
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/06 8:20 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kim , Congratulations on getting your surgery date !!! To prepare for the surgery , I tell people to do the following things . 1. Start introducing your body to protein . Start doing your protein shakes . This will help you with the healing process and it will get you in the habit of doing them . 2. Start your vitamin regimine . You surgeons office may have already gave you the suppliments you will be taking, if not once he gives them to you start taking them . This will also help you and will get you into the routine of doing it . 3. Start an exercise program , even if it is only walking 30 min a day . This will strengthen you as well as start the great habit of doing it daily . 4. Up your water or fluid intake . Again .. this is for life so if you start it now .. you have got it down . The key to successful weightloss along with the surgery is this simple formula . WATER + PROTEIN + EXERCISE = WEIGHTLOSS . As to buying more clothes .. your body will go thru so many sizes , I would say not to or shop at a thrift store . I did that until I reached my goal weight . Many here exchange clothing and that works too . I have a preop package I can send to you to help you to understand the surgery and why we need protein . If you want it email me . Hugs and Best wishes , Natalie
Shanana
on 9/26/06 8:52 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats Kim!! My year anniversary is 11-9-06. My birthday is 11-13-06. Alot in common there. Nat gave you some good suggestions there. I started eating w/ childs fork,small plate and using sippy cup ahead of time too to prepare myself. The water,protein and exercise is the key even now. I think i woke up wanting to walk. Knew it would make me feel better even if it hurt for a short while. Prayers and hugs. Shannon
A10sFrau
on 9/26/06 9:01 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
What they said,--and Get some clothes at Goodwill. Using $3.50 dressesor slacks for a few months doen't hurt. Stop sugar now. I quit sugar 3 months before my sugery and it really helped. If you can, put yourself on the bariatric diet now. Many of us were required to lose weight before surgery. I found that that got me disciplined prior to surgery and I lost 34 pounds! Lois
Kathleen L.
on 9/26/06 9:14 pm - Arlington, VA
Everyone included what I was thinking of writing, but also stop drinking soda because of the carbonation and sugar in them.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views