Yeehaw! I'm perfect...

Robin C.
on 9/26/06 4:39 am - Norfolk, VA
..well, er, as a candidate for gastric bypass, that is! LOL! Finally had my initial consult with my surgeon, and he's says I am perfect for surgery! Given that my BMI is 39 and I have high blood pressure and a strong motivation to exercise and succeed, he says that he feels very confident that I will reach whatever goal I set for myself. I already went for my bloodwork, EKG, and chest x-ray. I have set up my appointment for the psych evaluation, scheduled my pre-op wellness/exercise class, my white light scan to determine where my fat is exactly and how much of it there is (for a study that my surgical group is doing), and I have gone to the required support group meeting. So now I have to wait for approval, and I'll be on my way! My surgeon says that possibly I could be on the other side in December, but more than likely it will be the first of the year because of his busy schedule. Well, I am walking on air right now. I hope you guys are all having as wonderful a day as I am! RockinRobin PS - Is anyone in the Norfolk area going to the support group meeting this Thursday night?
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/06 5:47 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Robin - that is great!! You need to go into this with a positive attitude and you will come out of it the same way!! Good luck with all of your testing and it you need anything there are plenty of people who will be ready to help you here! Jackie
Robin C.
on 9/26/06 6:34 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Jackie, Thank you so much for your support, encouragement, and kind words. I just read your profile - looks like you are following your own advice ("You need to go into this with a positive attitude and you will come out of it the same way!!"), and having wonderful success! You are beautiful! I am so happy for you with the outcome you are experiencing so far. Keep it up! Take Care and Thanks Again, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/06 12:14 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Robin, this is the single best thing that you could ever give yourself and it is a chance not to be wasted!! You will be able to meet most of us if you come along to the event that they are holding in January and also if you attend support groups where you will get to know others that have gone through the same as you. Thank you for the compliments - how can you not be happy and positive when you feel healthier and your clothes fit better? And soon you will be on the "losing" side - we will save a place for you!! Jackie
Christine Hood
on 9/26/06 7:28 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Robin! Congratulations girl! I meant to send you an email yesterday wishing you luck but by the time I got back from my walk, I was wiped out and went to bed. I'll be at the group...I have to find that email for you...darn it, I keep forgetting! Christine
Robin C.
on 9/26/06 9:55 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks so much, Christine! Good grief are you looking HOT, HOT, HOT in your new pic! Don't worry about the group schedule, I got a schedule in my packet today at Dr. Wohlgemuth's office. I thought I was going to go tomorrow night, but my hubby has to work late, so I have to drive the children around. I hope it's a good meeting for you. He promised that he will not be working on Tuesday night next week. SO I am planning on going to that one. Meanwhile, you keep up the good work, and we'll catch up soon! Love, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/06 9:01 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Robin, yeaaaa!! That is awesome. And having a positive attitude is the secret. This is just the beginning - you are in for many many womderful days!! Enjoy it!! Take pictures --- journal -- breathe -- relax --and smile!! love donna
Robin C.
on 9/26/06 10:02 am - Norfolk, VA
Thanks, Donna! I hope I do as well as you are doing! I know what you mean about taking the pics, I am going to want to see how far I've come once I start losing. I had my hubby take pics in the doc's office today. I will definitely be a keeping a positive attitude too. I have seen from reading all of you guys' posts that positivity positively pays off! I love this board and am so anxious to meet those of you that I have not met yet. You guys are such an inspiration to me! Thanks for sharing info and being so supportive! Love, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/06 8:39 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Your "TITLE" put a big smile on my face. Yes, you are perfect and don't you ever forget it!!! It's postive thoughts, moments, experiences and a simple play with words that will keep you focused on just how special you really are and how DESERVING you are of success and health. Success that can be obained through the help of weight loss surgery but completely and fully earned, long term, by the wonderful, strong, PERFECT woman you are. Congrats on your decision to take back your health and your life! Lei
Robin C.
on 9/29/06 12:52 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Leilani, I have been so inspired by so many of your responses to other people on the board, and now I feel very priviledged to have received your words of wisdom for myself! Thank you so much! I am ALWAYS impatient for the arrival of Christmas (as if I am still a kid), but now I have an even better reason to be excited - my own rebirth around that time. I look forward to meeting you some time. I wish you continued success too! Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views