I am getting ready for the WLS!!!

Lisa_1967
on 9/25/06 12:19 pm - Rileyville, VA
Well, I have 9 days left before the loser day begins!!! I have still been eating like a hog though. All of the test are complete and this Thursday I have my last visit with Dr. Anez. I bought me a small food scale before I left work tonight and also got me some pretty night gowns, a robe and slippers. Everything is matching in lilac or purple. LOL, I will feel like Barney walking th isles of the hospital. I didn't think about that until I was on my way home and then got to laughing about it. I still have to get my vits. and protein mix. Is any of the stuff good that they sell at Wal-Mart?? I am asking because I work there and can get a 10% discount. If anybody has tried it and liked it let me know. I have re-done my profile. It had taken me forever to get codes that work but I am pretty happy with it. There is a slide show of me gaining weight over the past 12 years. I really didn't start putting on a whole lot until 2003 when I had my hysterectomy and then in 2004 when I started with back problems. Ok, time for bed....night ladies and gents. Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 12:36 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
You are doing well to get prepared Lisa! I would not buy too much protein right now because tastes change after surgery and what you like now you may hate after surgery........ It would be good to have all of your vitamins ready for when you can take them after surgery.... Good luck with your surgery! I am sure you are going to do great!! Jackie
Kathleen L.
on 9/25/06 12:43 pm - Arlington, VA
The nine days will come fast and then you will be on the losing bench. I would not spend a lot of money now because taste change after surgery I noticed.
Christina R.
on 9/25/06 1:14 pm - Reston, VA
Lisa- Sally (Dr. A's nutritionist) has a very complete list of the vitamins you need. I think most of them you can get at the Vitamin Shoppe although you may be able to get a few at Wal-Mart. I agree with the other posters...order samples of protein and use those. The protein I could handle the first month after surgery now is hard to choke down...I'm glad I bought the smaller container! I know you'll do great and the staff at Fair Oaks is wonderful (for the most part!). Just be careful putting on your ab binder if you take it off! (read my story in profile). I took my jammies and never got out of the hospital gown until the day I went home....just easier for me getting in and out of bed (I'm sure I flashed more than the nurses wanted to see on more than one occasion!). Best to you for a speedy recovery and smooth transistion to the losing side! Christina S
Amber B.
on 9/25/06 9:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I buy my papaya enzyme from Walmart, my sublingual B-12 lozenges, and sometimes the occasional chocolate chip mint calcium citrate chew. Make sure you get citrate, its harder to find, I buy it online. Good luck to you, it sounds like you're heading in the right direction! Amber
Ernurse323
on 9/25/06 11:27 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Good Luck Lisa !!! WLS has been one of the smartest things I have done for myself !! keep us posted !! Hugs, Dana
elianasdream
on 9/26/06 12:10 pm - VA
Hi Lisa, I just had my surgery at Fair Oaks on 9/11 and had a great experience from start to finish...I hope your stay is as good. I didn't get out of the hospital gowns either, they were just more comfortable...believe it or not...Good luck with your journey...Elisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views