Eight Grade Weight

Kathy & Rich
on 9/25/06 10:44 pm - Fairfax, VA
I got on the scale this morning and what do I see - 156. The number that resounded in my head back in 1973ish when we were weighed in 8th grade as part of the Presidents Council on Physical Fitness. We were assembled in height order so I was weighed second to last. We were put on a scale and the number was called out loudly in front of everyone. I remember being humiliated and ashamed as I weighed the most of all the girls in my class. But that number now is my badge of honor that I wear oh so proudly. It is a good healthy weight for my height now of 5'7.5". I am 4 pounds below the goal I set for myself prior to surgery. It has taken me a long time to get here. It has taken me a long time to get to this weight. It has taken me a long time to realize that I look really good and better yet, I'm healthy. Have a great day, folks. I know I will. Kathy (-120 lbs total)
hollydecarlo
on 9/25/06 10:52 pm - hopewell, VA
kathy, wear that badge proudly!! you deserve it!! you look great and have done an amazing job!! congrats!!! hugs, holly
Kathy & Rich
on 9/26/06 8:12 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Holly! How is your leg doing? Hugs, Kathy
Ernurse323
on 9/25/06 11:22 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Kathy, That's just amazing !! I looked back through your profile and picture trail !! Geeeeeeeeez !! You look like a totally different person !!! You BOTH do !! Rich is getting that James Taylor look going on !! I was looking at you weight loss monthly chart and I saw what you mean about having to work hard for it. That i****ting me now. I am only 2 pounds where I would be totally happy at (although I would LOVE to lose 20lbs more ) ..but the scale is not moving. Oh well..I just keep working out and moving forward. Time will tell !!! Thanks for the post. It is very inspirational. I am proud of you. You look fabulous !!!! No..you don't look good..you look GREAT..and healthy !!! CONGRATS !!!!! Dana
Kathy & Rich
on 9/26/06 8:14 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Dana! Rich actually shaved his goatee a week or so ago. He wanted to grow a beard and see how he likes it so he started off fresh. He looks so different with no facial hair. I'm not used to it. Beard is getting there now. Wow, you are close to where you wanna be! That's fabulous! Be patient and the scale will move. If anyone knows... it's me. Hugs, Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 11:37 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Well done Kathy!! Wonder how many of your classmates from those days weigh far more than you now and are nowhere near as healthy!! You have a lot to be proud of!! I think you look wonderful Kathy and you have been my inspiration for a long time!! Jackie
wlsurvivor
on 9/26/06 12:37 am - Marshall, VA
Kathy, Again, you always amaze me! You have done a remarkable job on your WLS journey and have oh so much to be proud of! Congratulations! Karen
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/06 4:13 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Kathy, that is wonderful!! I am so proud of you. So you are still losing? That is encouraging to know!! love donna
Robin C.
on 9/26/06 4:51 am - Norfolk, VA
OH my gosh - that is such wonderful news! Youlook amazing! I know you have to be feeling pretty darn good too! I am sooo happy for you! Cheerin' you on, RockinRobin
Ms Court
on 9/26/06 4:55 am - Remington, VA
Yeah Kathy!!!!!!! How great is that. I am in excitement for you. Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views