Protein Spaghetti?

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 7:55 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
http://www.barillaus.com/PLUS__Protein.aspx Here is the link to the Barilla site . I can not do pasta but if I could ,it would be this one . Sounds really good and has Omega 3's in it ... go for it ... !! Nat
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 9:28 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Nat, how are you? Thought of you this weekend. Thanks for this info. I haven't had pasta since my surgery so I don't know if I can have it or not? I might give it a try. love donna
turtlegirl
on 9/24/06 11:08 pm - In the middle of the woods, VA
Donna - you haven't has pasta for over a year?! It's time! I just have it once in a while with a meat sauce for more protein - and it's a wonderful thing! A little salad first, and you have the perfect meal! Crystal
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 3:43 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Crystal, yeah, I think it's time I tried something different. Heaven knows it doesn't make any difference on my weight right now - I am at the same for the last three weeks. Spaghetti -- here I come!! love donna
jilldennis
on 9/25/06 9:40 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Donna I have tried the barilla brand...everyone in my family loved it ... but I just couldn't do it. I miss pasta soooo bad....but everytime I try to eat it - it's just - I don't understand. So, if you can...eat some for me! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/06 10:16 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Jill, hmm, I didn't think about the getting sick thing, I just thought it wold be too many carbs for me. I might try some. I think maybe I've stopped losing weight (have you?) and I did want to lose just a few more pounds to get in the normal range, so I thought I should try to stay away from carbs as much as possible. But I did read someone say that when their weight stalls they up their carbs and then start losing again!! Now I'm real comfused!! Anyway, thanks for the post and hi to Jon and TJ! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/06 8:31 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey girlfriend, Soooooooooooo? Did you try it, hmmmm? If so, did you like it? I'll be honest, I never do the more expensive/healthier type of food items out there. Im "thrifty" prefer to spend my extra money on clothes, vs, stuff Im going to eat. It seems like EVERY BLOODY THING on the market that's low in fat, low in sugar, low in calories, high in protien, is also TWICE the cost. Oh, and like that's not enough, not only do we pay twice as much we get half the portion size, or at the very least 2/3rds. Anyway - Ive never tried it, but would be interested in your review (heck, better yet, make a batch and invite me over for lunch/dinner, Im not proud and have no problem moochin' a meal off of my girly-friend). Oh, another reason I never bother with the "off" aka healthier brands? Because in all reality, I really canNOT eat that much - even 4 years out. (NOT to be confused with idle grazing, that's a whole nother demon) but if I sit down to a MEAL and eat the protein first (in this case, the meat sauce piled on high) then I'll be lucky to get a few bitefulls of noodle in. Even the high carb stuff is LOW carb if you're only eating a half serving or less and more times then not, that's what it equates too. Soooooooooooooooo - about that meal you were cooking for me? Love you, see you SOON! Lei
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/06 11:30 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Well hello there!! No, I haven't tried it yet, but I did buy some!! Wouldn't you know it was on sale at Safeway. I took that as a sign!! My only concern/hesitation is that I am struggling right now with trying to lose another two pounds so I can be 'normal' body size!! But it doesn't look like that is going to happen - at least not for a whie. My body is liking 160, and actually two pounds don't really make a difference to me, other than the silly BMI that I'm trying to get to. So I'm worried that adding carbs will be something that I like, and I won't have any chance of losing two pounds!! Also -- aren't you glad you asked -- you know I go in for knee replacement on Monday and I am sure that I will come home with some lbs from the hospital, so I think I'll wait to try my penne (which is what I bought!!). So there you have it, that's my story. Thanks for asking - I've been wanting to tell it!!! ha ha -- love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/06 11:58 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Donna! Oh trust me, I KNOW how important "numbers" can be - it doesnt help that Im a financial chick and tend to find energy in them, as a whole, now my entire personal life is obssessed with it. BMI's, SCALES, FOOD GRAMS, WATER WEIGHT, BODY FAT, H20 Ounces, etc, etc, etc, one big ol' number of things to consume our days - BUT, while you're working and managing those numbers don't forget a very important one. Whether you want to hear it or not, it's a FACT, Donna - something that HAS to be included and considered when you're trying to reach that "normal BMI". Your body is different from the average human out there. When they create those charts, based on averages, they did NOT go with the assumption that the person getting on the scale would have excess skin (which weighs something) and a denser bone mass (from carrying the weight around all those years) and that also weighs something. You want to lose 2 lbs to reach a normal BMI, but are you also factoring in the excess skin and bone density that is also part of who you are? TRAIN YOUR MIND TO ACCEPT IT AND ACCOUNT FOR IT - you can never adjust the bone density and until (or if) you have any type of plastic surgery, the excess skin MUST be accounted for. LOL - of course, this is if you're shooting for accuracy, and based on your desire to lose exactly 2 more pounds, you are being very accurate. A common (well known/used) rule of thumb is to deduct 5 lbs (from your scale) for every 100 lbs you've lost. So you see, girlfriend, you are about 5 pounds BELOW that "normal" goal. Love you - ME (nope, not proofing this - could you tell?)
(deactivated member)
on 9/29/06 12:04 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
One of these days, I'll actually FINISH a thought process and not have to come back and repost to the post. I meant to mention, if you look at my profile -- it shows a BMI of 24.8, just barely made the normal range. That INCLUDES me taking my own advice, as far as allowing for the excess bone density. Based on what my doc said, before my plastic surgeries - I would adjust the actual number on my scale by 12.5 pounds. (5 pounds for each 100 pounds lost, I lost 235 pounds total). Since having plastic surgery, I made allowances for the skin ratio - and now just do my BMI based on a bone density ratio. Pulled that number outta the air, and I just go with a flat 5 pounds. LOL, based on nothing but Lei-Logic. Anyway - long point, over? It's AFTER deducting those 5 lbs that my BMI falls in the normal range. I really DO live by that adjusted weight theory, because logic dictates it's true.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views