Protein Spaghetti?

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:10 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hello all you wise food people! I have a question. Has anyone tried the, I think it is by Barillo or something like that, high protein pasta? Is it high enough protein to make it okay to eat?? Or still too many carbs? Just checking - love donna
Christine Hood
on 9/24/06 11:16 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I had some! It's pretty good. It has like 10 grams of protein in a serving but of course I couldn't even come close to a serving but I figured, if I'm gonna indulge in pasta every once in awhile, might as well add some protein! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:29 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hmm, well I may break down and try some. I hope it isn't a funky color?? I mean is it the same as regular pasta or green or orange or something? Food color is real important to me - a big turn off if it's a yucky color!! Like spinanch pasta!!! Belch!!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:17 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Donna - I thought I www.ishophere.biz also sells pasta dinners too - but I have to say their oatmeal is disgusting so not everything on their site tastes good lol!! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:32 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Jackie - made my reservation!!! I'm excited. But I don't know what to be (anyone have a costume I can wear out there!!). I still feel bad about the driving, but we'll work it out. I tried the raspberry yogurt bar from ishop today and I didn't like it! I love most of the other ones, but that didn't set well. Hope you had a good weekend -- hope I talk to you tomorrow! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:36 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
wooohooo!! Lexington Kentucky here we come!!!!! If that costume hadn't fitted me I would have had nothing to wear either!! I didn't like the raspberry yogurt bar either..... I like the chocolate ones the best lol!! Talk soon Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 11:40 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Great - I think I'll try it. Christine, what exactly is it called?? I thought it was like "healthy choice' or something like that. Do you remember? love donna
Christine Hood
on 9/24/06 7:51 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
It's called Barilla Plus. Regular Barilla comes in a blue box, this one is yellow. Enjoy!
Christine Hood
on 9/24/06 11:35 am - Fort Eustis, VA
No, I ate the Barilla one and it was not funky at all. No funky color, smell or taste. The taste difference was very minor...I am with ya on the funky color thing. What I did was made sauce with a lot of meat in it and then added a little bit of the protein pasta. It really was good for "feeling" like you are eating a bowl of pasta. Plus, I think price wise it is only slightly higher than regular pasta. Christine
Christine Hood
on 9/24/06 11:35 am - Fort Eustis, VA
No, I ate the Barilla one and it was not funky at all. No funky color, smell or taste. The taste difference was very minor...I am with ya on the funky color thing. What I did was made sauce with a lot of meat in it and then added a little bit of the protein pasta. It really was good for "feeling" like you are eating a bowl of pasta. Plus, I think price wise it is only slightly higher than regular pasta. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views