Getting ready

VABuckeye
on 9/23/06 10:44 pm - Suffolk, VA
Well, here I go. This is my first post to the Virginia forum, but I've been visiting for a month or so now. Wednesday, the 27th, I have my surgery. It's been up and down for me, one minute I'm excited to go, the next, I'm thinking what the hell am I doing! I'm sure most everybody goes thru this, just want to get it over and get on with my new life. And it will be a new life for me. The 28th is my 44th birthday. My kids are all talking about when I get skinny. Right now, they like playing with my big belly, but the oldest was showing that it was embarassing to her when I would go to school functions with her and could barely fit on a chair or sit on the school bus seats. Her classmates would make comments which didn't bother me, I've heard them pretty much my whole life, but I could see how they bothered her. Well, I gotta get ready for church. I wanted to say hello and let you all know that your posts have been very helpful for me in getting ready for this.
Christina R.
on 9/23/06 11:17 pm - Reston, VA
Welcome! Your life is going to change and the changes you are going to undergo will be exciting. Yes, most of us have gone through the rollercoaster of emotions...just be prepared that those emotions don't always stop after the surgery....but I'm finding that they do level out a bit. Best to you! Christina S
Kathleen L.
on 9/23/06 11:27 pm - Arlington, VA
Troy, Best of luck on your surgery. You are in for a wonderful journey. I come here to the virginia board and main board and get lots of information. I wanted to get healthier before my 40th birthday and I did. I had my surgery November 15, 2005. I can do things I couldn't do before, like a 5k walk. I can breathe easier, since I am asthmatic.
Robin C.
on 9/23/06 11:40 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hi Troy, I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to get to the stage that you are in. I am waiting for my first consult on September 26th. I hope your surgery goes well and that you'll breeze through recovery. I will keep you in my prayers. , here's to a new life! Take Care of yourself, RockinRobin
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 1:35 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Troy - good for you for posting and I hope you will continue to participate in the board. This is an exciting and sometimes scary journey you are embarking on but it will be so worth it!! I am sure there is not one of us who would not do it again in a heartbeat! I did my surgery before my son got to the stage of being ashamed of me but I knew if I had stayed the same it would have been inevitable and it would have broken my heart if he had been ashamed of me. So I understand why you are doing this..... Good luck for surgery - it will be the start of a new life for you and your family!! You will not regret it! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/06 2:32 am - Henrico, VA
Hey Troy, Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. You have definitely come to the right place for support. You will do great and your life has many changes coming ahead. Hang on, enjoy the ride! Patty
VABuckeye
on 9/24/06 5:39 am - Suffolk, VA
Thanks for the support everyone. Today in Sunday School, I was telling the others that I'm sure God has some sort of plan for me, because have you ever seen that show, I Should be Dead, or something like that? Well, I can think of several times where I should not have survived a situation and yet, somehow managed to walk away or come out not as bad as I could have. So, I'm sure that I will come out of this ok and with a purpose to fulfill.
A10sFrau
on 9/24/06 7:05 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Willkommen, Tony! The majority of us will tell you to hang on for the wonderful ride. I am sure you have garnered that, though, if you have been reading for a month. Since January I have lost 112 pounds and have only 35 lbs to goal. That will be you, soon. Good luck! Lois
Pat F.
on 9/24/06 7:14 am - Richmond, VA
Well congrads on the upcoming surgery and I will keep you in my prayers and throughts. Also Happy Birthday and may there be many more to come. You have made the right choice and yes it will be a wild ride at times but in the end it will be worth it. There are alot of people on here that can really help you all you have to do is ask.
*~Tigger~ *
on 9/24/06 10:32 am - Staunton, VA
Welcome, Troy! Hang on for the ride of your life! Best of luck on Wednesday! JoAnn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views