It's my birthday!!!

turtlegirl
on 9/22/06 4:31 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
...Not my WLS surgery birthday, but my actual lbirthday...... and I am just blown away with where I am today compared to last year, and especially two years ago (suicidal, without hope)!!! I am so...... eternally grateful for having had the surgey, and for feeling so good, and so alive! Last year on my birthday I had an "Aha" moment when I went to blow out the candles on my cake and realized that for 36 YEARS I had always made the same wish - that I would lose weight once and for all, and suddenly I was at a loss what to wish for and started to cry....... and I honestly don't know what I'll wish for this year. I feel like all my dreams have come true - there's nothing to wish for except a long and healthy life with my sweetheart and children!! Crystal
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/06 5:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Happy birthday Crystal!! It is a great feeling isn't it? Make sure you !!!! Jackie
turtlegirl
on 9/22/06 9:45 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Thanks Jackie! I just "partied" post-op style at Maggiano's with my husband - tomorrow is the family party!!
Chyanne2u
on 9/22/06 5:57 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Crystal What a wonderful testimony you have on behalf of WLS. I really enjoyed reading your post as I too have wished to be thin for many years and perhaps my birthday next year will hold my dreams too. I hope you have a spectacular birthday and all your other dreams come true. Lots of Love Kathy
turtlegirl
on 9/22/06 9:47 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Kathy, Thank you! What a sweet post! I know your dreams for weight loss will come true too - I seriously doubted whether the surgery would work for me because of metabolism and thyroid issues...... but gosh, if it worked on this old, sluggish body of mine, it will definitely work for you! It will! Crystal
Christina R.
on 9/22/06 6:10 am - Reston, VA
Crystal- Happy Birthday! Your new wish is wonderful! Have a wonderful day/evening! Christina S
Susan E.
on 9/22/06 8:12 am - Purcellville, VA
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday! Susan
Ernurse323
on 9/22/06 8:29 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Happy Birthday !!!! I am very happy for you !! Dana
turtlegirl
on 9/22/06 9:51 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Hi Christina, Susan and Dana - Thanks for your well wishes! It's funny how I feel like I know you all - even though I don't post often I'm always here checking out what's happening with everyone! Gotta keep up to date with the Virginia girls and guys! Love you totally cool girls! Crystal
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/06 9:58 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Crystal, I think your wish is beautiful. I wish for you - continued success and happiness!! Good luck! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views