body lift?

KaciLane
on 9/22/06 12:55 am - Glen Allen , VA
I am seeing Dr Deconti in Richmond next week about a tummy tuck, I was looking around online for prices and info and found out about a body lift. Is there any difference in a body life and all the things I would need done after losing 250lbs? Any advice on what to do and not to do? any stories about this Dr that I need to know good or bad? I am a bit nervous about going into another surgery. Am I really ready to have this done anyway, at first I was told wait 2 years after the GPB, my 2 years wont be up until Feb 28, 2007.
wlsurvivor
on 9/22/06 1:27 am - Marshall, VA
Hi Michelle, I had a lower body lift a year ago yesterday! A tummy tuck will only address your abdomen. A lower body lift is essentially a tummy tuck, a butt lift and an inner thigh lift. It will address any hip issues where a tummy tuck will not. You can see my before and after pictures: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EcMmjlq0bOmg You may have to copy and paste the address in your browser to see. These pictures were taken 5 weeks apart. I paid $11,300. Dr. Mitchel Krieger in Fairfax did my surgery. He pulled my midriff muscles back together again (after having kids, they get separated) and gave me a new bellybutton. If you need any more details, email me and I will send them to you. Hugs, Karen
Ernurse323
on 9/22/06 8:28 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Michelle, Is that what you paid for your tummy tuck or your lower body lift? You look outstanding !!! Dana
wlsurvivor
on 9/24/06 11:53 pm - Marshall, VA
Hi Dana, That is what I paid for the lower body lift. I sent the wrong, full monty file! I hope no one was offended by the graphic pictures! It was worth every cent and my surgeon does a lot of WLS patients. He is a true artist and everyone who has used him has loved their results. It is worth the drive! Karen
Kim-150
on 9/25/06 12:11 am - Richmond, VA
Karen, Thanks for letting us see the pictures. That slide show is very inspiring to me. You look great. I was planning for a tummy tuck but now I want the lower body lift! Kim
Ernurse323
on 9/25/06 2:26 am - Virginia Beach, VA
That is an excellent price Karen. I paid about that much for an extended tummy tuck with muscle repair and also for liposuction of my legs. even agter gaining 100lbs back with a pregnancy and finishing college my tummy tuck wasn't affected. I am only 6 months out but almost where I want to be weight wise...maybe lose about 20lbs more. Thanks for letting us see the pictures....I am a RN so I have seen some seriously graphic stuff...that was nothing !!!...Except for some excellent surgical work !!! Maybe I should look him up. I excited to get started on the plastics. I would like to do upper body first..implants and arms..But after seeing you I really would like the thigh/butt lift !! Dana
wlsurvivor
on 9/25/06 3:23 am - Marshall, VA
Kim and Dana, Dr. Krieger has a negotiated price with INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital (which just received their Center of Excellence as a bariatric hospital) for 23 hours. My surgery was at 7am on a Wednesday, done by 1pm; in recovery until 5pm and my 23 hours didn't start ticking until I actually got to a room. He discharged me the next day before 5p.m. so I never got charged for a night's stay in the hospital; only operating room and recovery room time and anesthesia. All his fees and the hospital fees were included in the $11,600 quote. But because I was in surgery 1/2 hour less than he estimated, I got a refund from the hospital ! Did you see the black fanny pack I had on over my compression garment in the last two pictures? That is called an On-Q pack. It is filled with topical pain medication that is delivered via catheter directly under the packing into my incision. It delivered medication time released for 3-5 days!!! it was great. Add a few percosets, and I was set! Dr. Krieger's consultations are free. His phone number is 703-620-8884. He is also a general surgeon so if you need a hernia repair at the same time....he can do it, too! He is board certified in both areas (plastics and general) and has been a surgeon for 17 years. Not too bad on the eyes, either! Good Luck! Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views