Anything Else..?

A10sFrau
on 9/20/06 10:49 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Anything else I have forgotten? I have tried to keep at least one or two of most anything I need for my weight loss--size-wise, that is. This morning it was 38 at the house. On a GW shopping trip with JoAnn I had bought a pale turquoise corduroy L.L. Bean dress to wear on the first cold day. SOO.. I get it out this morning and then it hits me that I have no panty hose or tights of an appropriate size. I had only been concerned with having slacks and sweaters and jackets for work this fall. Hmmm... I started digging through the piles of knees stockings and slacks hose, AND panty hose in search of anything NOT queen size 4! I found mongo tights, and then came across one pair of ecru panty hose which were just the right color, but Q. I could feel them slowly sliding down my legs, but they stopped. Done DEAL! I then realize as I am heading for the door, that the corduroy is dragging on the stockings, AND I have NO SLIP!! The two I had all to the floor. At my age I SHOULD be able to do better than this . Okay, Fashion Consultants, what else have I forgotten?? To add to my morning foolishness, I got a run in the panyhose. I hope to muddle through the day somehow. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/06 11:09 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yepper .. Panthy hose .. the forgotten item in our wardrobe that seems to just slip our minds LOL no pun intended . . The first time I had to wear hose .. I tried on an ole pair of the Just My Size # 3's ... thinking if I could pull them all the way to my boobs they would stay up and no one would know .. right .. wrong .. they slid all the way down .. causing me much unneeded stress for that day ... And girdles .. yes girdles .. I wore them before surgery ... and still wear them .. I have had to adjust sizes so much .. that it is impossible sometimes to keep up .. but they do hold in all the skin and such .. so that is yet another item to think about if you wear one ... In the winter I am never with out my tights .. and have just gotten 2 new pair .. these are with the feet out .. so I can wear my heels until it gets too cold .. then it is on to closed toes tights .. Yet another item .. we do forget ... I hope your day does go well , I am sure it will .. and if it runs .. let it run .. Take care , Nat
A10sFrau
on 9/20/06 11:42 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Good idea! Dance tights, no feet. They will do under jeans for these durn football games I have to work. Panty hose, tights, dance tights, slips. Hope I get a few more reminders. Thanks, Nat
Ernurse323
on 9/21/06 1:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Ya gotta love it Lois !!! I mean..now it's time for SHOPPING !!! THE MALL !!! Hit the department stores like JCPenny..then you can grab the accessories downstairs...hose, slip, shoes, boots, coats. Lois..you need new fall/winter shoes, pumps, stilettos, boots !!! All shoes from last fall will not do !! Throw it ALL out !!! You have lost too much weight and there is a new you!! Also..you have had so many changes in your life; it may make lift your spirits a little to do a few of the more trendy fashions for the fall. Also...you are going to need new warm ups for your hikes..and include all the fun extras for those too !!! Target has some cool work out things. This is GREAT !!! I have been shopping all week. My husband looked at our account and asked," Ummmmmmm Dana, where is all my paycheck?" I simply told him to please check my closet !!! Sometimes a girl has to do what a girl's gotta do !!! Have fun with this Lois !! Reap the benefits from your hard and dedicated work!! Hugs ~~ Dana
Christine Hood
on 9/21/06 12:07 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Dana will you quit trying to recruit partners in crime? Just cause you are going down for all that shopping dont try to take us with ya! Smoooooches! Christine
A10sFrau
on 9/21/06 11:53 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I have lots of new sweaters I got last year on Ebay, in a variety of size**** up Ebay for new shoes, too, even HEELS. Stilettoes are not in my behavioral repertoire. I have a real nice pair of packers that were Cody's and lots of my own boots. But, the only dresses I had gotten were summer shifts which I wore bare-legged. Completely forgot the cooler weather accessories. I had forgotten belts, but Cody had two nice ones I can use now. JoAnn converted me to GW and TJMaxx. Since I am on one salary now these have been lifesavers. What I HAVE splurged on is jewelry. I like the bling! Lois
Kathy & Rich
on 9/21/06 1:20 am - Fairfax, VA
Lois, I have the greatest issue with pantyhose. Got rid of the 4Xes but because of my height or length of leg or width of thighs... I still have to buy size Q. I hate that. LOL! I tried the size that matches my height and weight (now why a pair of pantyhose would fit someone 8 inches shorter than me and fit me at the same time - I just don't understand) but the crotch fell 2-3 inches too low. Rich had a good laugh. Pantyhose, slips, camisoles, etc all had to be replaced. Socks and trouser socks seems fine. As for other things... what about belts? I had to go and buy a couple - the usual black and brown. Can actually wear a belt now! You'll definitely need small sizes of the winter clothing, coats/jackets, sweaters, long johns, etc. Not to mention shoes (which Dana covered!), boots, etc. Losing weight can be so costly! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/06 4:03 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lois, tough thing, isn't it! Actually it was so much easier for me to buy clothese when I was pre surgery. I knew exactly what size fit me, what length of tops I wanted, stuck with the good ole elastic waist on pants, -- yup, it was very easy. That was funny about the hose though because I have lots of pantyhose new in the package that I don't know what to do with!! Mostly size 3X! I didn't know if anyone wore pantyhose anymore so I haven't given them away. Anyway out there pre op who needs nylons let me know - black, navy, mostly. Some tights. They are still in the package!! Well I think everyone's got you covered on what you need. I just had to buy lots of new thongs, mine didn't fit anymore. Oh, thongs for me -- they are the things you wear on your feet that slip between your toes!! Ha ha - my daughters always die when I say 'I need some new thongs'!! They're like 'mom, would you stop that'!! Hope you're keeping your clothes up!! love donna
Christine Hood
on 9/21/06 12:07 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
flip flops donna, flip flops!
(deactivated member)
on 9/21/06 10:03 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Flip flops?? You mean I can't go into a store and coyly ask the cute young hunk (is that still appropriate??) to show me where the thongs are!! And then say, 'oh no, not those, the feet ones'!! Sounds so much better than flip flops!! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views