Hello everyone!!

bicolasawa
on 9/17/06 12:37 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Hi everyone! Sorry I havent been on much been traveling while I can... Went to alot of places. Glad to be home. I am now having a problem maybe someone could help me with. My hands are starting to contract in almost like a charlie horse but no pain.They make my hands look like a bird beak if you can imagine making one with your fingers. Its really hard to explain. But they will do it on there own and I can not stop them... I was thinking maybe not enough protein?? Could it be something else... I will be calling the doc tomorrow but wanted to make sure this isnt ER worthy... I just fear the worst. and this has been happening since yesterday. Im not sure what to do ... the only thing I could think of is some kind of deficency? Any imput would be wonderful... Thank you all in advance!! Talk soon!! Autumn
Christine Hood
on 9/17/06 12:41 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Autumn! Sorry to hear about this...I would venture to guess that this is completely unrelated to surgery...I would probably make an appointment to see a neurologist or rheumatologist. Good luck! Christine 253/198/134
Christina R.
on 9/17/06 10:15 pm - Reston, VA
Autumn- Could it be dehydration or not enough potassium? I get cramps (although not in my hands) when I'm low on water or potassium. Might as well call the Dr. and check just to be safe. Christina S
Amber B.
on 9/17/06 10:44 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Yay! You're back. Okay, I have the same problem, but its in my calves. I looked it up online and it says it could be lack of salt, potassium, dehydration, and calcium. I've been slacking on my calcium. I'm taking that more, eating a little bit of a banana every other day and I'm trying to add salt to my foods. The more salt, the thirstier you get, hence more water. It has been better, maybe try that?!?!?!? I'm just glad you're back! A
bicolasawa
on 9/18/06 3:02 am - Chesapeake, VA
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the input.. Im guessing that it could be the calcium... I will be calling the doc to make sure. But I have yet to take any since surgery... I know I know BAD ME.... I need to get on the ball with this.. I will be ordering some today... Thank you all again.... Im glad Im back too. Finally. I went to West VA,Ohio, Kentucky, Tenn, Appalation Mts, And Im am now back. LONG trip but I am glad to be home... Thanks again.... Love ya Autumn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views