Just wanting to introduce myself!!!

Jennifer P.
on 9/17/06 1:18 am - Toano, VA
Hello all I am new to this. I just finally had someone tell me I was eligible for surgery all I heard before was you are not big enough. How big do you want me to be, BMI 39. So anyways I have been checking into things and my insurance won't cover it this year but as of Jan. 1 my husbands company is buying an obesiy rider and will be covering WLS HOORAY!!!! I am working with the doctor to do everything they require so when Jan. gets here we will be ready to submit to insurance BCBS of MA. So anyways you will probably see me lurking around and any advice anyone has is welcomed. Also is anyone else from Williamsburg area?
Robin C.
on 9/17/06 2:16 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Jennifer, Welcome to the VA boards. I am fairly new myself, but have found everyone on this site to be so kind, supportive, and helpful. I am preop and hoping to have surgery before the end of 2006. I am in Norfolk - pretty close to you, and I get up to the outlets periodically for a little shopping. Good luck on your journey! Best Wishes, RockinRobin
Kathy & Rich
on 9/17/06 3:58 am - Fairfax, VA
Good luck to you Jennifer. You might want to check out the WLS-Light-Weights forum here on OH too. It is for folks with lower BMIs. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/ Best wishes! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 6:02 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Welcome Jennifer - this is a great forum and you will get lots of advice here! I had to wait until we changed insurance to my husband's too because my insurace didn't cover it. It was the best move I ever made! Jackie
Christine Hood
on 9/17/06 12:33 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Jennifer! Welcome to the VA Board...If you need any help, just ask! There is always someone here to help! Christine 253/198/134
A10sFrau
on 9/17/06 8:52 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Herzlich Willkommen! Lois
Amber B.
on 9/17/06 11:01 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Jennifer, welcome. I'm from the Hampton Roads area not too far away. Congrats on the rider, that was the exact reason I fought so hard to get on with the City of Virginia Beach. It's an incredible life change and I don't regret a single second of it. Have a great day, Amber
aryqa
on 9/18/06 6:13 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Jennifer. I am in VA Beach, so we're almost neighbors. Good luck with new insurance. The wait will be over before you know it.
Chyanne2u
on 9/19/06 6:19 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Welcome Jennifer, It's great to have you here with us. You won't find a better group of people anywhere. We all have become like family. Some of us are closer than others but nonetheless we are family. I wish you much success on your journey. I had some problems with my insurance company and it took about a year to get an approval. But finally I did and everything is smooth sailing now. I am sure it will be the same for you. Just hang in there and don't get discouraged. It is so worth the wait. I am post-op for a little over a couple months now and I've lost 57 lbs. It's so amazing. If you need me for anything, please don't hesitate to ask. I am only an e mail or post away. Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views