One year ago today!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/06 10:21 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Sweet Donna , You so deserve every bit of happiness you have . You have worked very hard to get where you are today . I remember seeing you after some time had passed and how you brought tears to my eyes . What a transformation . You have always been there for me through the thick and the thin .. and you know that I am always here for you . I am so proud of you ... and hope that your journey continues to inspire others , as I know it does . Much love and respect my dear sweet friend ... Natalie
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:15 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Natalie, I totally remember that time I saw you. I think it was aqt the Winter party. It was such a good feeling for me -- I don't usually have that affect on people!! Thanks for your message Natalie. I was glad when you moved closer to me -- I get to see you more. How 'bout getting us NOVA folks together for a dinner at Miguels!! That would be super. love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/06 10:39 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Donna, It is amazing to think that one year has gone by for you already! You are such an inspiration to me and to many others. You look wonderful! Only people who have been through this surgery know that it is not an easy fix and our pouches certainly have their moments to show us who is boss! And there are so many of us wish we had done this much sooner!! We all understand what a milestone the one year mark is - but "normies" can't understand the significance I don't think. I had to laugh about your husband not knowing your weight - mine didn't either - when I was having Connor (c-section) the nurse asked me for my weight for the anesthetic - I tried to show her with my fingers too - as Bill is blind and can't see it - and she said "okay - 245lbs!" I nearly died - but Bill did not even let on he had heard her although I know he did! I an so sorry to hear about your best friend but it is an honor to be invited to the ceremony and you could not have turned it down. Bill's side of the family is Greek and I recently attended a service like yours. We missed you at the walk ! I walked the 5K and boy am I suffering today lol!! Lauren and I kept up a decent pace for the full distance. I now feel a sense of achievement because before surgery in February I could never have even considered doing this and would not have been able to... and next year I will walk it again! I want to give something back for this opportunity of a new life I have been given! So see you there next year! I love this board too! The support for each other is tremendous and that is so necessary for our success. I often wonder how successful people are who do not read these boards or attend support groups. They surely miss out on a lot of help.... As always Donna it is good to read your thoughts........ Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:21 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Jackie, I was hoping you would see my post and respond! I always like to get messages from you!! I thought I was the only one who did the sign language for weight!! Ha ha, that was funny. I also had to weigh at the surgeons office when Greg was with me, but again he didn't say anything. We're married to two gentlemen aren't we!! Good for you on the walk!! That is awesome and what I had planned to do. I was hoping I could anyway!! Oh, and I want to ask Lauren about the hand cream. Tell her I have been to three CVS in my area (I have one more that I am going to this week!!) and can't find the hand cream. I find all the other stuff but not the hand cream. it was called 'hand cream' wasn't it, it wasn't' anything else that she just used for her hands?? Would you please ask her. Thanks for the message Jackie. Like I've said, I wish we lived closer so we could walk together (and just be better buddies)!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 6:46 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Donna, Bill laughs about it now - he says now I am so happy to tell anyone my weight but in those days it was obvious I did not want ANYONE to know!! He has always said it has never mattered to him because it is what is inside that is important!... The other day I asked him if he still thought I looked fat or was I looking normal - he said , "Oh no!! Trick question!! I NEVER thought you looked anything but normal, but nowadays I don't even recognize your body shape. But if you are happy with youself then that is all that counts. I was never unhappy with you......... and you never seemed unhappy with yourself." Which I guess was true to a point - I never spent my time complaining about my weight or letting it prevent me enjoying life - only I knew that after the birth of my son that I had to make changes..... when I first mentioned Gastric bypass surgery I think Bill thought it was just my idea for the week lol!! But after my research and seeing Dr Halmi etc he knew for sure I was going to do it and nothing like a refusal from one insurance company would prevent it happening lol!! He knows me well enough now to know that when I am determined to do something, nothing is going to stop me.... Actually I found the hand cream in CVS yesterday - they have a whole range of the products - I can pick one up for you and send it to you if you like - it is hand cream yes...let me know Hey we can still be great buddies - I will send you my phone numbers etc and please feel free to contact me whenever you want..... Jackie
Susan E.
on 9/17/06 12:48 am - Purcellville, VA
Hi Donna, Congrats on your year mark. And WOW how wonderfull you have done and you look fantastic. You should be so proud. I always enjoy reading you posts. You have such a lovely way of writing. It warms my soul. You are always positive and uplifting. You inspire us all. Love ya, Susan
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 2:24 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hello Susan, I was trying so hard to catch your eye last week at the meeting!! finally I did. You looked wonderful - so radiant!! I wanted to talk to you, but didn't get a chance. Hope you are doing well, as I said, you looked fantastic!! Thanks you so much for your sweet post Susan. That makes me feel good. Sometimes I think I post sillyness!! But oh well, that's just me!!! love donna
Chyanne2u
on 9/17/06 5:53 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Donna, I am so happy for your success. I remember when I first came on the board and seeing you then, well I wouldn't recognize you now. You are truly a beautiful person inside and out. Congratulation on your 1 year anniversary. I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and much success in your future. Lots of Love Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/06 11:08 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Kathy, thank you so much for your sweet remarks. I've been watching you, too, progress along to your surgery and now. I know you are having lots of really good 'wow' things now and more to come!! It's a fantastic time for us, isnt it!! Good luck to you Kathy, and I'll be watching for your posts about the good things that you are experiencing now. Have fun! love donna
prissy25
on 9/17/06 6:27 am - Barboursville, VA
I applaud you You are a great person and look fantastic!!! I will miss seeing you on the 30th its been a while but next meet. Keep up the good work and keep those post coming there very insperational. HUgs....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views