PS Question! Please help!

turtlegirl
on 9/14/06 9:36 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
I had my first consult today with a PS for an abdominoplasty and breast reduction. I am concerned..... I didn't see any pictures of his work, he talked about making a vertical scar for the tummy tuck (why???), didn't think he could tighten the muscles, etc.... and his fees were much lower than I expected even though he is at a reputable hospital!!! I don't know what is normal?! What did you all pay for your PS procedures? If the insurance only covers a panniculectomy can you still get the full abdominoplasty (with tightened muscles)? Did your surgeon show you pictures of what you could reasonably expect to look like afterwards? Could you choose the approximate breast size? Please, I need help from those who have been through it! Thanks, Crystal
WendyNVA
on 9/14/06 8:48 pm - Va Beach, VA
The answer is RUN from that surgeon. You should ALWAYS be given choices, whi*****lude photos of his recent work, actual patient testimonials, etc. You should have the option of a horizontal scar for the tummy tuck, along with vertical for more tightening if needed. YES you should have a choice of sizes, with demonstrations. Of course a good surgeon will recommend a size for your body type, but the decision is yours. Muscle tightening is a MUST with a tummy tuck. Panni removal only removes the lower panni, a tummy tuck, or full abdominalplasty includes muscle tightening, and is critical, in my opinion. My TT was 8k, and so was my lift and implants. Keep searching for a good surgeon, visit many if need be, until you feel comfy with the answers. And keep asking questions. Wendy
turtlegirl
on 9/15/06 2:41 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Wendy, thanks so much for the iinformation and advice! When you say 8K for your surgeries, is that total with facilities fees, etc. or just the surgeon's fees? I sincerely hope the PS I meet with on Monday is the right one - I am SO.... ready for this, and feelling impatient. I've dreamt my whole life of this, and I am just DONE with waiting.... anyway, my biggest challenge will be holding back if I don't feel good about these docs. Thanks again, Crystal
WendyNVA
on 9/24/06 8:05 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Crystal, Yep, 8k was all-inclusive, a package deal the PS arranged with all involved. I paid him the entire fee, and he distributed it to the various professionals involved. Hope your meeting went well? Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views