Can this be true? I read it on another board!

Kate J.
on 9/13/06 11:42 pm - Hampton, VA
Hi everybody! Lately, maybe the past two weeks, I've been throwing up at the drop of a hat... It's always foods I tolerated before. I just read on the July 2006 board that pouches shrink around 6 weeks! Is this my problem? Did it happen to you? Do you think is ok to go back to liquids for a day or so, I'm tired of throwing up! Don't get me wrong, I am so happy I had this surgery! I've lost 61 pounds, and can walk almost 2 miles! I've got a ton more energy and way less pain, so If I have to barf everyday for the rest of my life I will! I hope I don't, but I will! Thanks for everything, I don't post alot, but I read almost every word you all write, and your profiles are amazing! Muchas Smoochas! Kate J
Betsy Anitahug
on 9/14/06 12:14 am - Danville, VA
Hi Kate...I haven't a clue about this one. I feel I can eat alot more than I should but who knows. I have only thrown up once and that to me is scary. Been uncomfortable a number of times but not throwing up. I would love to see some responses about this... Hugs, Betsy
Amber B.
on 9/14/06 12:30 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I don't know, Kate. I'm about a week behind you but haven't had that problem. I'm going to a WLS Support Group tonight and my doctor should be there, I'll try to remember and ask him, see what he says. I wish I lost 61 pounds, but Ill be there eventually. I just need to exercise more. Have a great day and post more, I want to meet more locals!!! Amber
Chyanne2u
on 9/14/06 12:43 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Kate, I had my surgery July 3, 2006 and I throw up all the time too. But this has been the norm for me since I first started on solid foods. Sometimes it goes down just fine and other times I throw up like a dog. I have lost 54 lbs. so I don't complain about it. I just do what has to be done and go on about my business. I guess in some ways this is confirmation that the surgery is working. I have a very difficult time with meats. I know that I must eat them due to my protein needs. But everytime I do, I so I have upped my protein drinks to compensate for that and eat salads for my meals. I certainly hope you get your issues straighten out. I know you must be very sore in the stomach from throwing up. It always makes me very sore. Wish I could have been more help. Lots of Love Kathy
Kathy & Rich
on 9/14/06 1:13 am - Fairfax, VA
Pouches shrink at 6 weeks post-op? Ummm, I don't think so. But I can tell you that at that point most of the swelling is gone and the healing is done and that is why that about 4-6 weeks post-op is usually the most common time for a stricture to occur (scar tissue that forms and restricts or blocks off the stoma - exit from the pouch to the intestines). If you continue throwing up see your doctor and get checked for a stricture. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/06 4:17 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I am leaning toward saying no it does not shrink on week 6 .. but it may be that your healing is complete and things are were they are going to be now . I would definatley get your throwing up checked out .. could be a stricture .. or you could have just made your pouch cranky ... Honestly .. I am 2.5 years post op and still get sick .. my pouch is tiny .. and I hve to be really carefull ... I know it is not a stricture .. just a finiky pouch ... Great job on the 61 pounds ! Hugs, Natalie
Donut22kids
on 9/27/06 2:50 am - Jeffersonton, VA
Hi Natalie, That may be my problem too, although, I am only 7 months post op. I really have trouble getting anything down some days. Everything wants to drag al the way down and once it hits the pouch sends out so much pain. Then it starts coming back up. I have been checked 3 times for strictures and they have found none. Maybe it is just a finiky pouch. I have never thrown up much at all, less than 3-4 times. Take care, Donut
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views