My New Discovery-Protein Recipe ...

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/06 2:44 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I had written Lei and asked her about her protein drink . So I took some of her recipe and adopted my own . OMG this is the best drink ever . Today Vitamin Shoppe had Designer Whey on sale for 16.99 . I bought one tub of Vanilla Praline , I made me a pot of Decaf Hazelnut coffee . I mixed 2 scoops ( 36 grams of protein ) of the Protein Powder 16 oz of decaf Coffee . 2 tsp of Splenda and lots o ice . This taste like iced coffee . It is so good . Why the change from Nectar .. well .. it had started to be too sweet for me . I have to up my protein to get ready for surgery and this is surely going to help . Hugs, Tink
Kathy & Rich
on 9/13/06 3:49 am - Fairfax, VA
Tink, We do IDS vanilla cinnamon or IDS cappucino (or half and half of the two) with chilled decaf coffee (sometimes plain or hazelnut or french vanilla), a splash of half and half, sweet n' low (what we prefer) and ice and shake. Also, put a scoop of UpCal D in there for calcium. Never know it is there. Anyway, it is truly like a latte. We adore it! This is our morning ritual on the way to the gym. We brew a whole pot of coffee and then chill in the fridge and keep it handy for shakes. The proportions we do are: 1 scoop of protein (high 20 grams of protein) to 8 oz of coffee or 1.5 scoops to 12 oz of coffee. Hugs, Kathy
David@Goal
on 9/13/06 6:00 am - VA
IDS vanilla cinnamon what is this?? I love cinnamon/vanilla in my coffee!!! Where do I get this magic elixer??? David
Kathy & Rich
on 9/13/06 6:03 am - Fairfax, VA
It is IDS Multi-Pro Vanilla Cinnamon. I buy it in the big 'em jugs from vitalady among other websites. I think dpsnutrition.com is another one I got it from. I get the 5 lb jugs. http://www.vitalady.com/products-protein-IDS.htm And vitalady has it on sale. A sample is $1.49. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/06 6:52 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hey David--When you mix it like Kathy suggested it tastes really similar toi those International coffees cafe vienna
A10sFrau
on 9/13/06 7:47 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
OK--where does one get the IDS? I am thinking there is somewherenear me that cares the Designer Whey. i can't recall the IDS though. Thanks, Lois
A10sFrau
on 9/13/06 7:51 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
OOPS. Didn't read far enough before I asked! Lo
Kathy & Rich
on 9/13/06 9:29 am - Fairfax, VA
No problem! LOL!
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/06 6:50 am - Fort Myers, FL
Kathy--that vanilla cinnamon is my favorite protein and you make it exactly like I do-except I use splenda. Been drinking it for a year now and still not tired of it.
Kathy & Rich
on 9/15/06 7:54 am - Fairfax, VA
We both love it! Start every morning with one on the way to the gym (usually anyway). We've been drinking it this way... maybe 9 months now, maybe more. So many protein shakes, so little time. LOL! We love it with regular, hazelnut or french vanilla. We buy cheap coffee (Eight O' Clock) and brew a pot and then put it in the fridge for shakes. Rich sets the pot up and it'll brew before I get home and then the coffee will be chilled for the next day or two. Rich is a complete coffee 'ho. You followin' me? LOL! K
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views