UPDATES...On Mark (my nephew) and more...

Tam
on 9/12/06 4:07 am - Richmond, VA
Hi everyone. Sorry it has been so long since I have posted but life has been really hectic. Kara (my daughter) started middle school last week and LOVES it (thankfully!!!). We are still trying to get a good schedule worked out and have almost gotten one that works with her schedule and my work hours. Mark started his radiation this morning. He has to go for 6 and 1/2 weeks, five days a week. They still do not know what type of tumor it is (not enough to biopsy) but all the blood markers so far show that it is probably the type that can be "cured" with just the radiation. He went to school all of last week and yesterday and will be home schooled for the duration of the treatments. My father had to undergo a stress test before they can give him his radiation implants for his cancer. He had this last week and the results were not great. He has to go in tomorrow for angioplasty (sp.?) and probably another stint. He has had this done two times in previous years but this one is in a different artery. Please keep him in your prayers. Kara's biological sperm donor contacted me about a week and a half ago and informed me that he is in jail for nonpayment of child support. He wants me to drop it all or says he will sue me for custody of Kara. He lives in Michigan now and has not seen her or had ANY contact in over nine years. Kara will be 12 in December. He has even written to my mother and told her if she gets me to "back off" they he will pay HER $300.00 a month regularly. Not pay Kara or me, but pay my mother! Basically he wants me to make it so he can get off scott free and pay nothing on his responsibilities! I will do what is best for Kara. She is all that matters to me and the money he owes (past due, current and future) will all go to her...either for something she needs now or into her college fund. As she gets older the clothes get more expensive and she wants to do more activities. I can use all of the financial help that I can get! Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. The e mails and phone calls have been a huge help. I will try to get on here more as time allows. I really miss you all! Love, Tammy {hugs}
Amber B.
on 9/12/06 5:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow, Tammy, I was wondering what's been happening with you. Sounds like a lot. I'm glad to hear that Mark is doing okay, I will pray for a speedy recovery from the radiation and hopefully he'll be back in school in no time. I'll also be praying for your dad, I hope he gets better soon and everything works out the way its supposed. As far as that rat ******* you call donor, I hope he rots in jail. What a selfish excuse for a human being. I wouldn't let him slip on a dime. He has zero chance of getting custody, so nice of him to issue empty threats. Some people just disgust me. You mess with children or animals and I just get set off. Anyway...glad to hear from you. I think of you often and I hope we get better updates soon! Take care of yourself, Amber
Chyanne2u
on 9/12/06 5:19 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Tammy, I had no idea you were dealing with so much. You are in my prayers concerning each and every issue. I can only imagine the stress this has caused you. As for your ex...he doesn't have a leg to stand on in court. You've raised Kara for 12 years and she doesn't even know this man. As a mother myself, it makes my blood boil. He's only trying to intimadate you thinking it will scare you off. If he's in jail, he can't very well provide a home for the child. I will keep your father in my prayers as well. Sounds like he's really been through it with his health. Thank goodness Mark's tumor is something that can be treated. Remember, children are more resilentant than we think. My prayers are with you as you endure all this turmoil. You are strong Tammy and God will see you through. Lots of Love Kathy
prissy25
on 9/12/06 5:30 am - Barboursville, VA
Prayers going your way for your battle and father and nephew God guides us and he will guide you and your family in the right directions.
Shanana
on 9/12/06 6:27 am - Altavista, VA
Prayers for your family at you go thru all these difficulties. Shannon
jilldennis
on 9/12/06 6:49 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Tammy You've got lots of knee mail coming your way! Don't give up on the child support. Report him to DCSE...they will take care of him. Hugs! Jill
Kathy & Rich
on 9/12/06 7:16 am - Fairfax, VA
Great news on Kara and her school. Glad she is enjoying it and that a good schedule is in the works for all of you. Excellent news on Mark. I hope the treatments go easy on him. 6 and a half weeks will go by quickly. Sorry to hear of your father's health woes. I hope the angioplasty goes well and the stent is put into place easily. Does your father have prostate cancer? My dad has that. He went through hormone treatments to shrink the prostate so they could implant the radiological seeds. He has done very well and now just has to get regular PSA tests (blood work). Everything looks great. Hope the same is true for your father. As for the sperm donor (LOL) deadbeat... leave him where is he. How dare the scum try to bribe your mother. Harumph. Good for you to stand your ground. Doing what is best for Kara and her future is the name of the game. Custody? Like he has a chance. Please know that you are your family are in my thoughts. No thoughts go to the jerk in the lockup. Hugs, Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 9/12/06 8:03 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...So glad to finally hear about Mark...he continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds as though some prayers are being answered. As for your ex, he is only blowing smoke...forget it and don't worry about him. Kara knows you love her and that is all that matters. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. Keep us updated. Hugs, betsy
TammyNVA
on 9/12/06 8:03 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Tammy, Tammy, {{{wrapping my arms around you for lots of hugs}}} I continue to pray for Mark and your dad... As others have said, Kara's biological sperm donor doesn't have a chance on this earth to get custody of her; he's just trying to rattle your cage. You stay strong!! You know what is best for Kara, and he definitely MUST be held responsible. I let Lauren's dad off for most of her life, and I wish I'd done things differently, but... oh well. Hope to see you Thursday night. I've invited several folks to the BIG support group meeting, so I might be tied up. I'll be there at 6 for the steering committee meeting. Tammy ***Let's try to get together***
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/06 10:47 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tammy I am so sorry that you are dealing with so much! What stress! You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad that Kara loves school and you can work out some kind of schedule that works - it is hard to fit work in - we should all win the lottery and then we can give up work! I am sorry to hear about you dad and pray for his recovery - they seem to have a lot of success with these types of surgeries so I have everything crossed for you! As for your sperm donor - he has not got a cat in hell's chance of custody - keep the letter he wrote to your mom just in case it ever gets to court but they look down on deadbeat fathers. Plus Kara is old enough to have a say in who she lives with - and heck - she doesn't even know him - plus he is in jail - don't worry Tammy - he is all talk to scare you - make him pay every cent he owes - you need it for her future! I so hate guys like that! We are all here for you Tammy!! Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views