NIH Results ...

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/06 3:20 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I am just back from seeing my doctors at NIH . I write this with tears, confusion and some hope . I am being told that the Tumor is growing at a very fast rate and that it appears to be fatty in contrast . I am also being told that there is a possiblity of this being cancer . They are scheduling me to be inpatient at the end of October for 2 weeks to do test, then the 3rd week inpatient they will do the surgery to remove the tumor . If it is cancer , my case gets turned over to the National Cancer Institute . This in itself is a true blessing . The surgery is to be done laproscopicly , if they deem it fit , and there are no other adhesions . Well , as we know I have tons of adhesions and a hernia .. so I am pretty sure it will be an open surgery . It consist of removing one of my ribs and a pretty nasty scar . I was told also that I will be out of work for a long while . This in itself is begining to get to me as I have now been out for weeks . Well .. that is it for now , I am lucky to have met Alan , as I would have never known about this protocol and would be at the mercy of a general surgeon . These doctors I have are some of the best in the Nation and I am so blessed to be here . Keep me in your thoughts and prayers as this is going to be one heck of a road .. but one I will stay strong in . Thanks .. to you all . Natalie
Tam
on 9/12/06 3:55 am - Richmond, VA
Tink~ As always you remain in my thoughts and prayers. I have not been on here much lately with everything going on in my life but I pop in when I can to get some updates. I believe that you are in great hands with NIH and that they will do everything they can for you. I pray for the best for you! {{hugs}} ~Tammy
jilldennis
on 9/12/06 4:38 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Natalie You are definetly in my prayers!!! In response to your other note...send me an e-mail with your new address and what e-mail you want me to use for the MK list and I will get you added. Are you still planning on being at the Obesity Walk at Inova on Saturday? If so - we will see you there! Hugs!& Love! Jill
Amber B.
on 9/12/06 5:11 am - Virginia Beach, VA
You're in my thoughts and prayers, hoping you to have a speedy recovery and be healthy again. It's probably a good sign that they are waiting till the end of October, it can't be too bad then. You are a very strong person and I know you'll get through it, we'll be there! Amber
prissy25
on 9/12/06 5:25 am - Barboursville, VA
Your in my thoughts and prayers and wishing you a fast speedy recovery and back on the road again and prepairing your wonderful life with Alan. God Bless you and hope we all get to see you and Alan on the 30th. You are an inspiration to us all.
Shanana
on 9/12/06 6:24 am - Altavista, VA
Praying that this wont be cancer Tink. Glad you have Alan for support during your difficult time. You are so strong. Be blessed. Shannon
Betsy Anitahug
on 9/12/06 7:08 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...You know I am here for you...maybe I can come up for the surgery. I am hoping to. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I love you...you are my "daughter" and don't forget it... Hugs, Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 9/12/06 7:20 am - Fairfax, VA
Natalie, You are in my thoughts, hon. My BIL's dad had adrenal carcinoma tons of years ago and I know that it very hard for doctors to reach the adrenal gland so the scar can be quite large. A scar is just a scar and surely doesn't make the woman or terrific person that you are. You are in excellent hands at NIH and if need be NCI. I just wish they could fix you up sooner. Just keep pounding your protein and even protein load as time gets closer to your surgery. We all KNOW how that helps with recovery. Oh, my dear, Pix... all will be fine. You have a wonderful family, a strong loving man by your side now and all of us. Hugs, Kathy
Ernurse323
on 9/12/06 8:23 am - Virginia Beach, VA
My heart goes out to you. I wish there was something I could say to lesson your worry. You are in my thoughts. I hope all goes well for you. Stay strong, Natalie. You have a wonderful support system at home and online and we all want you well !!!! Hugs, Dana
Kathleen L.
on 9/12/06 8:49 am - Arlington, VA
Natalie You will be in my prayers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views