I'm Overweight!!!

Julie R.
on 9/12/06 2:01 am - Belspring, VA
Hey Everyone! I've been on a high since yesterday...I got on the scale and found that I have now lost 70 pounds and met my surgeon's original goal weight (he lowered it at my 6 mth appointment because I was only 5 pounds away)!!! Being excited about being overweight isn't something many people can relate to, but I'm sure all of you can understand. Of course, all of my friends and co-workers were thrilled for me when it came to the 70 lbs. I'm only 25 pounds from my surgeons new goal weight and 32 pounds from my personal goal weight. I've gone down in size from a tight 22 to a 14 and feel absolutely wonderful! I'm even contemplating changing professions. Don't get me wrong, VT is a great place to work, but I LOVE working with animals and now have the energy to do so. My goal is to start up my own doggie daycare business & boarding facility in the next year if I can come up with the money (maybe I better expect 2 years ) and noone beats me to the punch. Oh, I also found my preop and 1mth post op pictures last night. I thought my computer ate them, but they were hidden in a file where they shouldn't have been If you want to take a look at my profile, I have them posted there along with a photo from yesterday. Even though I don't come on the board as often as I used to, I still try to keep up. There are so many new (and changing) faces out there it is difficult to stay up to date. Just know that I am so glad all of you are out there, and I do think about you often! Best wishes! Julie 237/167/135 preop/current/goal
A10sFrau
on 9/12/06 2:29 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey! I just took over Cody's mobile dog grooming business, hmmm...need a groomer? I offered to keep some of her regular customers' dogs groomed for nothing just for the practice and to meet their needs, and everyone is so desperate they have started paying me Cody's rates! I groomed 5 dogs Sat. and have two more set for this coming Sat. Since this is job #2 for me, I am grooming only after work and on Saturdays. This put a crimp in my exercise schedule, so I am going to have to walk during me planning period when I can. Like you I am now fit enough to work on my feet all day. Congratulations! You've got me wondering about my BMI. Guess I'll check that out. Lois
Julie R.
on 9/12/06 10:23 pm - Belspring, VA
I thought I remembered you telling me about Cody's mobile grooming. Actually, I'm leaving out for GroomExpo in Hershey, PA this evening (can you believe the irony of me going to Hershey?). It is a 4 day conference and trade show for not only grooming but animal behavior, boarding, retail, etc. My schedule is packed as I am trying to get in all of the info I can. I'm actually signed up to take the bathers clinic on Friday. I am also planning on checking out the mobile grooming seminars. That is my backup idea in case I can't get enough money together for the daycare/boarding facility. We really should get together sometime and talk. Of course, now that the summer is over, it looks like your schedule is VERY hectic. Did you get a chance to check out your BMI? Julie
A10sFrau
on 9/13/06 7:24 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I went to Groom Expo with Cody in Sept. of 2004. LOVED it! I had wanted to go up to Hershey this fall but found out at the end of Aug I am going to have to have some gyn surgery soon and the original plan was for right about this time. I REALLY need two pair of shears (scissor type). Cody's are true Leftys and I am not. I am making do with some human shears (1 pr), thinning shears and a small pair of short ones. I know of two websites online from which I can order all types of shears and will probably have to do that. I don't think I can wait 'til June to get them. I know you will love it, and in fact, have already LEFT for it. My #2 plan now is for the Expo in NC which is in early June I think. BTW I can give you ideas on easier ($$) ways to get into mobile grooming than the beautiful but high dollar new grooming vans they sell. I have a plan to attend the sheep shearing clinic at Tech in the spring. Cody did that in spring of 2005 AND I forked over $$ for sheep shears which are sitting here waiting for me to do something with them. The clinic is free. Can't come down during the week now, but certainly could meet with you on a Sat. or Sun. Let's do that! Email me when you have time after your return from PA. Hugs, Lois (BMI 26)--26 pounds to go. 6+ lbs to NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT
jilldennis
on 9/12/06 6:46 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
WOW - Julie!! GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the great work! Hugs Jill
Julie R.
on 9/12/06 10:30 pm - Belspring, VA
Hey Jill, I know I'm a little late, but happy anniversary! You are looking great. What an inspiration for me I started out as a 22 myself and down to a 14. Most likely, I won't be seeing a size 4, but I would love to give it a try reaching for it Thanks! Julie
Anna Bryant
on 9/12/06 8:00 am - Roanoke, VA
Wooooot that is awesome Julie... Anna
Julie R.
on 9/12/06 10:32 pm - Belspring, VA
Thanks Anna! You have such wonderful things to look forward to Do you have your consult visit scheduled yet? Julie
Betsy Anitahug
on 9/12/06 8:07 am - Danville, VA
wow, Julie...you are looking great....Alot of us have been away from the board this summer but I am confident that alot of us will be back full force when the weather starts getting cooler. I know I will be. Hugs, Betsy
Julie R.
on 9/12/06 10:36 pm - Belspring, VA
Hey Betsy! One thing I have missed about not being on the board has been you You were such an inspiration for me when I was preparing for surgery. Hearing about all of the delays you faced and your determination to have WLS, helped to give me patience when I would hit the minor snags. I am so glad to hear how well you have been doing! Hopefully, one day soon we will be able to actually meet Keep flying butterfly!!! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views