Have consult on Tues... excited & nervous

Laurie C.
on 9/10/06 9:43 am - Vinton, VA
I am so excited but also nervous. I have my consultation this Tuesday. I am excited because I am so ready to get this going but nervous because I really don't know what to expect. And now that it is here I am so worried about getting approved by my insurance. I meet all the requirements but I am sure everyone can relate to this feeling. I found a website that shows a video of an actual gastric bypass being performed and I have watched it several times. If anyone is interested in seeing it here is the link just click on the video. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/weightlosssurgery.html
Anna Bryant
on 9/10/06 12:02 pm - Roanoke, VA
Hiya Laurie, I am so excited for you. I can't wait till I am there. Anna
aryqa
on 9/10/06 12:09 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Laurie, Congrats on your consult. Here is what happened at mine: they weighed me and took my temp/BP, etc like any Dr appoinment. Then the surgeon came in and went over the medical history with me, that I had filled out ahead of time. He gave me sort of a general exam - checked my reflexes, listened to my heart, that sort of thing. He showed me diagrams of the surgery and went through it, made sure I understood everything, and showed me on my stomach where the incisions would be. That was it! Then he sent me to the insurance lady to make sure that I knew what I would need to do to meet the insurance requirements and away I went on my 9 month journey!
Laurie C.
on 9/11/06 12:35 am - Vinton, VA
Thanks you guys for all your kind words. And thanks Erika for the information on your consultation it does help calm my nerves some. I will just be glad when tomorrow morning is over with. But I will post tomorrow and fill you all in.
greenejl
on 9/11/06 4:55 am - 88, Belize
Congratulations Laurie! I'm sure all will go well with your consultation. I will be looking for your post tomorrow to see what happens. My consultation is sometime away, but I would really like to know what to expect going in. Jackie
Shanana
on 9/11/06 10:15 am - Altavista, VA
Hope all goes well with your consult. Know this is a very exciting time for you. Shannon
Laurie C.
on 9/12/06 5:23 am - Vinton, VA
Ok so I had my consilt today and I am no longer nervous...just soooo excited!! I am very confortable with my doctor, he is very informative and made me feel very at ease. I didn't get to have my H Pylon test donne because i didn't realize I wasn't suppose to have any medicine for heartburn medicine 2 weeks before the test but no big deal I will go back and have that done. I do have to have a stress test done but I don't have to have a psyc evaluation unless my insurance require it. Missy is the one at Dr. Lucktong's office who will be submitting to my insurance company and she seems to think I will know something by this Friday!!! I can't beleive it..and skecptical about that (but hope it's true). She told me if I do and all goes well I could possibly have the surgery next month or Nov. because I told her I wanted to have it ASAP. I had lost weight since I sent in my packet (don't know how I wasn't trying to) but anyway he said I didn't have to lose any weight before surgery but not to gain any weight either. But if I lost some weight and started excercising now that it would be easier on me, so needless to say I will be moving my butt...I have read many posts and read the excitement in everyones words when they got to this point..now I know how it feels I am on such a high. I just pray for good news from my insurance company now. At this point it is a waiting game. I will post again when I hear something. Please pray for me and some good news....
Anna Bryant
on 9/12/06 8:29 am - Roanoke, VA
Wow that is so awesome....I am doing a happy dance for you I am crossing my fingers for you that your ins approves and you get your date this Friday. Anna
Laurie C.
on 9/14/06 5:39 am - Vinton, VA
Ok I am not good at this waiting game...Everytime the phone rings I run to get it then to be disappointed when I realize it's not the doctor's office. This is really hard, if I don't hear something Friday I will be a basket case all weekend. With my insurance I can go tho there website and check on claims and stuff but when I check my claims there is nothing there but I really don't know when they would enter this information into the computer. It's just driving me crazy. And I am sure everyone has been in this same situation while waiting to hear back from the insurance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views