3 different people did not recognize me!

turtlegirl
on 9/9/06 12:52 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
I am still blown away - 3 people I've known for awhile seriously didn't recognize me. One of them - my water aerobics teacher I haven't seen since last summer..... I said hi and that I was doing the class that day, and she said, "and you are???" Then she about fainted when I said, "I'm Crystal!" Then my neighbor came over and said she thought a new family had moved in! She'd seen me out walking the dogs and she recognized the "dogs", but couldn't figure out who I was! This is the woman who inspired me and didn't know it - when I was 260 lbs., deeply depressed and feeling sorry for myself, I'd sit in our office and see her tall, thin self speed walking every single morning, year after year, rain or shine, and I'd think "I can do that too, if I could just get my butt outside!" Eventually I did - when I joined WW. I finally shared with her how much she had inspired me, and come to find out this very thin woman (naturally thin looking too!) has an extremely obese family and has to fight to keep the weight off! Who woulda thunk?!!! You just never know! And then my daughter's swim coach came up to me and said she needed to apologize, which I couldn't figure out for the life of me. She said all summer she thought I must be my daughter's "aunt", and that when she saw me a****er Country with the team, she thought the same....... then she asked my daughter who I was.... and she was apologizing for ignoring me all summer! After 17 months, and a weight loss stall, I needed this reaffirmation of how far I HAVE come!! Doing the happy ! Crystal
A10sFrau
on 9/9/06 8:29 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Cody's former babysitter didn't recognize me this week at a cross country match. Ain't it great? Lois
(deactivated member)
on 9/9/06 11:02 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I have had a couple of people not recognize me either - isn't life wonderful lol!!!
turtlegirl
on 9/10/06 4:27 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Yes.... it's nice to not be recognized because of weight "loss"!!! For years it was the opposite for me, gaining so much weight that I distorted my face and body and people would do a double take! Yeah for all of us!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views