1 year post op

COURTnVA
on 9/7/06 5:31 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've posted anything on here! Well my 1 year anniversary was on aug 1 and I've lost 150 lbs! I started at around 350 and I weigh 195 now! I just wanted to let others know that you can succeed and reach any goal that you set forth! Every goal I wrote down before my surgery I have completed! I rode a roller coaster this summer for the first time in 4 years! I can shop at american eagle and other stores that I only dreamed of shopping in! My only advice to people thinking abou the surgery is to make sure you are aware of the aftermath! Meaning what to expect physically, mentally and emotionlally for the rest of you life! Your life does change completely!
Shanana
on 9/7/06 8:41 pm - Altavista, VA
Congrats on doing so well Courtney. You are so right about the changes. My mind is trying to catch up w/ my body and it is taking its toll. I am so glad I did it but it does not solve all my problems. Glad you are doing so well. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/06 9:25 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Congratulations Courtney ! WOW ... you are doing amazing . And yes the journey itself is one to be reckoned with . And you have done well to reach your goals .. I know you are very proud !!! Keep up the great work and effort ! And always remember .. it is for LIFE ! Hugs, Natalie
Robin C.
on 9/7/06 9:51 pm - Norfolk, VA
150 pounds in 1 year - that's awesome!!!! Congratulations. I know you are so happy! Keep up the fantabulous work! RockinRobin
A10sFrau
on 9/8/06 7:26 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations Courtney! Doesn't it seem funny that it has been whole year? It has been almost 8 months for me and hardly seems like it at all. Keep up the good work! Lois (Going to see OUR doc for the first time since surgery next month).
lisab.
on 9/8/06 12:37 pm - VA
Congratulations Courtney!!! have you started nursing school yet? I finally got my hysterectomy and have the fisrt normal cbc in 3 years so hopefully my anemia will be gone! keep up the good work!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views