2 year anniversay

Jane M.
on 9/7/06 10:18 pm - Williamsburg, VA
Today is my 2 year anniversary. I have mixed emotions today. Mainly because Joe should have been here to celebrate it with me. He was my main support through surgery and through my struggles in the last two years. I miss him tremendously and a hole has been left in my heart. I have decided to continue on with my journey, I have my first round of plastics on November 6th. Extended tummy tuck with BL/Implants. Then I move on to get my thighplasty in the spring. It's expensive, but worth it I think. I feel like I've aged 10 years since July and I need something to make me feel better about my self image. Joe said he wanted to "buy" me some new Boobs, unfortunately he had to die for me to finally get them. For those of you on the beginnings of your journey, I wish you all the luck in the world and give you one piece of advice....don't let life pass you by. Don't put things off for another day. Because you might not get the chance. Life really is too short and we have to make the most of the time we have here on earth. My mom has always wanted to go to Europe and yesterday I surprised her with a Med Cruise for 12 nights next June/July. Expensive, yes. But it's a lifelong dream that I was able to make come true for her. You see she is a cancer survivor and the chance that her cancer might come back is a very real thing. If we don't do it now, it won't happen. Life will no longer pass us by. So if you are thinking about surgery, do everything you can to make your dream cometrue. It took me 3 years to get approval, but I stuck it out through my insurance nightmares and setbacks but I got it done. I'm glad I got the surgery. I am now healthy and now that I'm a single parent, that's very important to me. God aparantly has a plan for me, I'm not sure what that it is yet but in time I may understand why tragedy has followed me for the past couple of years. Good lucka nd God Bless, Jane Massey
Robin C.
on 9/7/06 10:42 pm - Norfolk, VA
Jane, Congratulations. You have overcome so much - you deserve to be happy. I wish you all the best! Thank you for reminding all of us that life is so precious and we shouldn't postpone doing the things that are important to us or take anything for granted. Congratulations on your many successes over the past 2 years. My heart goes out to you as you deal with your loss. Best Wishes, RockinRobin
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/06 11:52 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Jane my heart goes out to you! You are so right about not putting things off in case that day never comes. My dad died when he was 40 and I was 12 and there is so much that we never did together. I had my son when I was 46 years old - surprise! But because I am an older parent it reminds me that we may not be here as he gets older so I want to do everything I can for him - including having this surgery 6 months ago.... it is a chance to be the mother he deserves and not a mother who is too tired and overweight to be there for him. You are a good mom and I am sure in time you will find peace with God's plan. I hope you have a good weekend. Jackie
Ernurse323
on 9/8/06 12:07 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Jane..you have brought tears to my eyes. I still can't believe that all this has happened to you. I am very happy about your plastics decision for November. Your husband would be proud. You are so beautiful now...Can you imagine how you are going to look and feel in December? Thanks for the reminder to not take life for granted. We all need to remember that. Big Hugs, Dana
Amber B.
on 9/8/06 1:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Jane, You are absolutely right and I'm grateful you are able to still hold your head up and do wonderful things for yourself and your family. You all deserve it. I'm sure your husband is smiling down at you right now. He must feel really good knowing he can help you even after his passing. I hope that I can do the same for my family. Amber
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/06 6:28 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Jane , You are so blessed to have the insight that you do . And yes he has a plan for you . How he uses us is amazing sometimes . Like you are posting now , someone will read this and get a true blessing from it . I have seen your pain and how strong you are . Whether you believe it or not .. you have shown all of us the will to survive and to really take each day as a blessing and to enjoy life . Thank you so much for sharing with us your struggles and your accomplishments. We are the ones that are truly blessed to have you among us . Congratultions on your 2 years !! Please keep posting your words and your enthusiasm ... Much love and respect , Natalie
A10sFrau
on 9/8/06 12:03 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Jane, I see and laud your courage. I went back to work last week, teachers only and it was terrible. More folks wanted to talk about the loss of my daughter than my weight loss. Each time I had to retell the story I cried. I came home every evening exhausted and would go to sleep between 4 and 7 pm. THIS week, though--the first week for students--has been better. Today was really the only day I did more than tear up. Then I had to go to WalMart and ran into some old friends. There I went again. I did tell the couple what I have posted here and what I said at Cody's service. Your words and mine echo. Tell your loved ones each day how you feel. Don't wait. Don't put it off for another day. Don't let teenagers' discomfort keep your from telling them how much you love them, because we each have no idea what tomorrow will bring. Tomorrow is my first day taking over Cody's grooming business. Never anticipated being a groomer or being in business for myself. As you said, there is a plan and I just don't know what it is. I DO know that when I feel moved to do something I do it--so I am grooming. It is marvelous you have gotten the trip for your mother. Congratulations on your upcoming plastic surgery. Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and hugging your sweet son. Lois
WendyNVA
on 9/8/06 10:22 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Jane, Congrats on your 2 year anniversary. I know it is bitter-sweet without your Joe by your side.. but remember, he's in your heart! I'm so happy that you have decided to do some things for yourself, and your mother. You have both had such a rough time of things, and your plastics, and the Cruise will surely do wonders to lift your spirits. I think of you often, and hope you are doing well. Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views