Hello everyone...I am new here!

Lisa_1967
on 9/6/06 1:09 pm - Rileyville, VA
Hi my name is Lisa and I am fat but hopefully not for long!!! I am scheduled for surgery Oct.4th at INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital. It seems so far down the road but with all of the appts. I have to squeeze in between now and Oct. 4th I am sure it will be here before I will know it. I will be just glad to get it over with. I am looking forward to the new me no matter how long it takes.
Tam
on 9/6/06 8:43 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Lisa and welcome to the most outgoing and helpful board that I have found. Oct. 4th will be here before you know it! Let us know if you need anything. Tammy
Christine Hood
on 9/7/06 11:35 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Tammy, How did everything work out with your nephew? Excellent I hope! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/06 9:32 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Welcome Lisa. Oct 4th is not very far away really. It just seems a long time when you are anxious for your new life. This is a great board for getting advice from - so if you need any help or want to know anything - just write and ask! Jackie
Amber B.
on 9/6/06 9:32 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Lisa. Welcome to the boards. Congrats on starting your NEW life. It's an amazing ride, just don't forget to hang on!!! Amber
Robin C.
on 9/6/06 9:42 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hi Lisa, Welcome! I am still relatively new too! I don't even have a date yet. So you are one step ahead of me. I wish you all the success in the world. Everyone here is so kind and supportive. I have really enjoyed "getting to know" everyone here and am looking forward to actually meeting all them one day. Good luck getting all of your appointments taken care of. October 4th will be here so quickly you won't even believe it! Take Care, RockinRobin
jilldennis
on 9/6/06 11:05 pm - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Welcome to the VA Board, Lisa! THis is a great board and great people! October 4 will be here before you know it!! Are you going to do the Walk for Obesity at Inova on, September 16th? It will be a great place to meet everyone! Best of luck on your journey! Hugs Jill
Chyanne2u
on 9/7/06 12:18 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Lisa, First welcome to the board. You have come to the right place to find help, support and more love than you could ever imagine. People on the Virginia Board embrass you from the very second you post. I remember when I was a Newbie....I didn't know anything about nuffin'. LOL Through my year of waiting for an approval, my friends here gave me so much encouragement & support. I may have given up the fight if not for my OH friends. You have a date and you are fast on your way to a new life. I had my surgery on July 3rd and I've lost 52 lbs since then. I am at a stall right now but I hope to see the scales inch down very soon. Post often and if you need to ask questions or just talk to someone who's been there, I offer my services. Feel free to e mail me or post and I'll be sure to see it. Congratulations on your surgery date and YES October 4th will be here before you know it. You are about to encounter the greatest journey of your life. The road may not always be smooth but it's one heck of a ride. Lots of Love Kathy
Christina R.
on 9/7/06 3:32 am - Reston, VA
Lisa- Welcome to the OH VA Board! Dr. Anez did my surgery on July 19 and I'm feeling great! Ask any and all questions you have on here...everyone here is so helpful and caring! Congrats on your date and let us know if you need anything! Christina S
aryqa
on 9/7/06 2:31 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Lisa...I'm new, too! So far, everyone has been wonderful. October 4 is just around the corner! It took me about a year to go through this whole process and it seemed like it would never happen, but it seemed like each milestone came up before I knew it. Your date will be here before you know it, too! Just hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views