Predisone (sp)?

prissy25
on 9/5/06 11:46 pm - Barboursville, VA
Has anyone taken Predisone after WLS? Ive been having trouble w/ my upper leg from knee up on thigh w/ pain shooting and going numb tingleing an burning for almost a year it comes and goes they had me on pain pills a while back and stretching exersises, but it has worsened and now the PCP wants me to take Predisone for 7 days, ( in which I dont think is wise) But my surgeon is out of the office until Sept 14th. So Im concerned in if I should or shouldnt take? Please help.
Kathy & Rich
on 9/6/06 8:13 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Melinda, Have you had your back evaluated? Do you have lower back disc problems? The tingling sounds like a pinched nerve problem. I get pains and tingles in my one leg from herniated discs in lower back. Had surgery for that prior to WLS. It is much improved but not gone. I'm getting a cortisone shot in the back the end of next week. Prednisone is a steriod. I don't think they are on our do not take list. Good luck! Kathy
prissy25
on 9/6/06 11:10 am - Barboursville, VA
My back hasnt been tested in a while I know I have arthrites in some parts but this leg thing has been going on for too long and if i lay on my back the leg goes numb so do u think id be ok w/ the predisone i think its for 7 days? Thanks for answering me.
fishtayl
on 9/7/06 9:11 am - Bealeton, VA
I've had to go on it twice since surgery....My surgeon said if I absolutely have no other choice and have to go on it to make sure I take something like, Previcid, Prilosec, Nexium, Tagamet, or any other type of that drug with it. I am on Prednisone now for my Lupus and I will have been on it 3 weeks total. I take 1 tagamet with it. It doesn't upset my stomach. I don't like to take it but sometimes it is needed. Best of luck, Ginny
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views