Want to Help?

wlsurvivor
on 9/5/06 11:10 pm - Marshall, VA
Hi There Gang, I haven't heard much chatter on here about the upcoming walk for obesity, so I am personally inviting anyone who wants to come to join Donna Mae (Howard), me and many others to walk with us! On Saturday, September 16, 2006, at 8:00 a.m., the ASBS is holding the 2006 Walk From Obesity at the INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital grounds. As we all know, obesity is at epidemic levels. The American Society of Bariatric Surgery raises awareness and funds for research, education and treatment of obesity. Their mission is "to reduce disability, death and discrimination of those who are obese." You can register to walk either 3k or 5k. There will be lots of vendors and a t-shirt for all who attend. They are still looking for participants and vendors. The cost is $25. Donna and I are definately signed up. Won't you please join us? We'de love to walk, chat and stay healthy together!!!!!!! You can register at www.walkfromobesity.com for this No. Va. walk. Let's continue our awesome journey together! Let me know if you are coming and we can set up a place to meet! Hope to see your smiling faces there! Hugs, Karen
Christina R.
on 9/6/06 1:45 am - Reston, VA
Karen- My husband and I are planning to be there! Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/06 1:49 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Alan and I will be there , given there are no health issues then . Can not wait to see everyone ! Tink
wlsurvivor
on 9/6/06 3:26 am - Marshall, VA
Great! I cannot wait to see all of you guys!!!! I hope the weather cooperates! Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views