im approved and scheduled for surgery

jessicafrombeach
on 9/5/06 5:04 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
ok so I went to Dr Spencer's office today for my consultation and I am scheduled for surgery 11-15-06 and I am approved through my insurance 100% found out right then and there..I am so excited yet I have a lot of appointments to go through from now until 11-15-06. Any advice as far as preparing my self for the protein shakes and vitamins like buying stuff.
Chyanne2u
on 9/5/06 5:25 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Yeah for Jessica..... I know exactly how you feel. I remember when I got the word I was approved, I laughed, I cried, I jumped and I didn't sleep. I was so full of every emotion possible. Best advice, as hard as it sounds is just step back, evaluate what you need to do to get ready for this surgery, take each day one at a time and when Nov. 15th gets here you will be so ready for this to happen. I am so happy for you. I know it was one of the best decisions I have ever made for ME!!! This is once in our life that we really put ourselves first. And it feels so good. Enjoy and be ready for the ride of your life. Lots of Love Kathy I'm so happy I was the first to congratulate you.
jessicafrombeach
on 9/5/06 6:15 am - PORTSMOUTH, VA
thank you so much for your advice and support. I am just really overwhelmed right now and there is so much going through my head of keeping track of all my appointments and disability for work. I am really nervous but so excited to get the ball rolling and get started with my new life. I am so sore all the time now and just ready to be a healthy person. The downfall is that my surgery is 10 days before THANKSGIVING, can I itleast eat mashed potatoes by then...
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/06 6:36 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Congratulations Jessica!! We have all been where you are now! Got our approval and date and then panicked at all of the pre-testing that has to be done!! You have plenty of time so first of all relax, take a deep breath and try to schedule all of your appointments so you can get as much done at one time as you can. That saves on having to fly around all over the place. In the end I only had to go to two places - one for the pulmanory and the hospital for the day for the rest. Although I had to see a cardiologist a couple of days later they wasn't scheduled until after my EKG. And it all worked out. As for Thanksgiving - you can probably eat some mashed potatoes and can puree some turkey and veg - appetizing I know lol!! At ten days out though you won't be all that hungry or feel like eating much or even able to eat much without being full..... There will be other Thanksgivings where you can eat differently after this one. Good luck! Jackie
Robin C.
on 9/5/06 6:05 am - Norfolk, VA
Congrats! I am so amazed that you got all of that done in one day! I am so happy for you. How did they get you approved so quickly? Wow - I hope things go that smoothly for me - my consultation is on September 26th. Cross your fingers for me. Good luck with all of the appointments between now and then! RockinRobin
Christina R.
on 9/5/06 6:29 am - Reston, VA
Jessica! Congrats on getting approved and scheduled! The next few months will be full of every emotion possible! I was told to start trying the protein drinks now. Your body will need the extra to heal faster and it'll help you get an idea of what you can tolerate. Take one day at a time and keep posting here...we're all here to support you through the ups and the downs. Christina S
Amber B.
on 9/5/06 6:38 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats, Jessica. It is an awesome feeling. I had my surgery with Dr. Moore, but Dr. Spencer assisted, they are so great. The support meeting you have to attend is coming up on the 14th. I think a group of girls from here and I are going to get together and have dinner first then hit the 7:15pm meeting, if you'd like to join us, let me know! We have plenty of info and good ideas. You'll find lots of it here. Definitely go back and check the older forums. Also, be prepared and go to as many appts early as you can incase they have a cancelation. It was about 6 weeks from the seminar to my surgery, very fast! You picked a great surgeon, with a great team of workers. You can do it. Amber
aryqa
on 9/5/06 7:58 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Congratulations! I remember how excited I was when I got my letter. Just wait untill your surgery date gets closer...my surgery is with Dr Spencer on 9/13 and I can barely contain myself! The staff is so so wonderful, Melodye and Diana wrote all my appointments down, so I couldn't forget anything. And the nutritionist has big lists of places you can get your supplements, etc, so you won't have to worry about not knowing exactly what to buy, either. I'll be in the hospital during the next support group meeting, but I maybe I will meet you at the October one.
Anna Bryant
on 9/5/06 10:28 am - Roanoke, VA
Woooot grats Jessica...I am so excited for you :-D
Christine Hood
on 9/5/06 8:50 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats Jessica! That is really quick! The time is going to fly as you run around completing all of your requirements. Christine 253/201/134
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views