Thank you, Jesus!

Amber B.
on 9/5/06 1:21 am - Virginia Beach, VA
It happened. I lost 10 pounds over the holiday weekend. I was getting so discouraged, but I hung in there (like most of you said) and did it. I tried on my 22's and not only did they fit, but they are a little loose in certain places and I tried on one pair of my 20's and they fit (very tightly though). What a great feeling. Thanks for being there for me and giving me inspiration. Hope you all had a great Labor Day Weekend, I did! Amber P.S. All was not great. Went to a cookout on Saturday and had to leave immediately, something like not sit well and it was the longest 15 minute ride home. I had stabbing pains in my stomach, vomiting in my mouth and had to swallow it back down. I immediately ran to the bathroom and took care of business. My stomach was sore afterwards, but I felt much better. I don't know what it was, but I hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.
Robin C.
on 9/5/06 1:43 am - Norfolk, VA
That's so Awesome, Amber. Way to go! Sorry about the pains at the party, but glad you're feelin' better now! 10 pounds over a holiday weekend - amazing!!!!! Keep it up! RockinRobin
Christina R.
on 9/5/06 4:36 am - Reston, VA
Amber- Congrats! Keep up the good work! As for the ride home...I so would have stopped on the side of the road and let it go! I cannot imagine swallowing it back down! Glad you feel better though. Christina S
Chyanne2u
on 9/5/06 5:20 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Amber, Congrats on the weight loss. I stall like that all the time. Last week I didn't move a lb. but I was down 3 lbs. this morning. Funny how our bodies hold on to the weight as through we are going to starve to death. Of course as funny as that sounds it is survival techniques built in our system for it's own protection. I don't think I could have made it all the way home without getting rid of what was bothering me. I have been in similar cir****tances and I just have to go and throw up. Funny how much better you feel once you do. I also can relate to the soreness. The first time that happened to me I thought I had pulled something inside under my incision. Now I know that if I go through forceful vomitting I will be sore. I ate Wonton Soup last night for dinner and had that happen. I am sore a little today but it will go away. I wonder if that counts as exercise. Hey, can't blame a girl for trying. Lots of Love Kathy
A10sFrau
on 9/5/06 7:56 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
All you have to do is hang in there and NOT get disheartened while your body adjusts. I think if it weren't for being totally unable to concentrate in July I probably would have been beside myself not losing for 6 weeks, despite having lost 9 lbs the week of Cody's death. When my body decided to get back with the program I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Thank goodness. Whatever you do, don't try a hamburger right now--a hamburger, that is, with the works. I did that while accompanying my tennis girls in early may. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to drive them home in the hoopty. I WISHED I could have gotten sick! My stomach was so sore the next day I didn't do anything but drink. Congratulations on your loss. Being patient is often the hardest part. Lois
Christine Hood
on 9/5/06 8:17 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats on the loss Amber! Don't worry..this will work! Christine 253/201/134
Anna Bryant
on 9/5/06 9:49 am - Roanoke, VA
Congrats on the loss Amber!! Sorry you ate something that didn't agree with you :( and I am with the others on this one. Think I definitely would have pulled off the road. Take care and keep on losing :-D Anna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views