Daily Post! I've been re-inspired!

Kitty Kat
on 9/3/06 11:33 pm - Richmond, VA
Good am all! Ok, I have been inspired to begin a daily post again! Yep, I believe that if you are in the pre-op, newly post-op or an "oldie" there may be room for improvement in our journey. Therefore, I am going to begin doing a daily post. Here's where YOU come in. I will use the questionsstatements to begin with just as on the weekly post and we can expand from there. The weekly post will stay in effect since weighing everyday would drive us INSANE. I encourage you to reply with your ideas for questions and anything else you think may help you/us on our journey no matter where we all may be. In addition, for something fun and interesting I will add a bonus question at the end of each post! That will help us learn about one another and inspire us in our daily lives. What better day than TODAY to begin this! So... **How will you/did you move your body today? **REMEMBER: to get in ALL your vitamins! If you have a regimen you would like to share here please do so. You may inspire someone to improve their way of getting our life lines in! **REMEMBER: to get in ALL of your fluids! 64 oz. of non-caffeinated sf/sugar substituted beverages. Anything such as coffee, tea, sodas that are caffeinated remind yourself to push extra fluids! Do you have something you like as a rule that you like to drink that you would like to share with us? **REMEMBER: PROTEIN, PROTEIN & PROTEIN FIRST! What's on your menu for today? **REMEMBER: Exercise and get those heart rates going! I am reminded that it doesn't take strenuous activities or a long drawn out work out regimen to do so. Walking for about 15-20 minutes at a brisk pace works as well. Do you have an excercise regimen to share? **BONUS QUESTION: What is one of your favorite "treats" to devour? Have a FABULOUS Labor Day! Hugs, Kitty Kat "I love my job. It's the work I can't stand." Twisted Whiskers - 4th September 2006
Kitty Kat
on 9/3/06 11:40 pm - Richmond, VA
My responses! **How will you/did you move your body today? ~Even if it rains I will try and walk my 2 miles! Um, here's something stupid I cannot find my tennis shoes! They are MIA! So you'd THINK that would detour me from walking huh? Um, NO! I WILL go buy a new pair. And YES I have looked EVERYWHERE! **REMEMBER: to get in ALL your vitamins! If you have a regimen you would like to share here please do so. You may inspire someone to improve their way of getting our life lines in! ~1st 1/2 going DOWN! 2nd 1/2 in the pm. **REMEMBER: to get in ALL of your fluids! 64 oz. of non-caffeinated sf/sugar substituted beverages. Anything such as coffee, tea, sodas that are caffeinated remind yourself to push extra fluids! Do you have something you like as a rule that you like to drink that you would like to share with us? ~Already had 8 oz. of Crystal Light Sunrise and working on my coffee. I will take 2 17 oz. bottles on my walk and then finish off the day with Crystal Light & Water Sensations. **REMEMBER: PROTEIN, PROTEIN & PROTEIN FIRST! What's on your menu for today? ~Had gravy for breakfast...homemade and NO biscuits even though they smell and look delicious. Ok, I am not realllllly fussing about it cause I KNOW Drucilla will get mad and I will be sluggish and why??? So, I'm good! For lunch I am going to have some chili! The rest of the day who knows! **REMEMBER: Exercise and get those heart rates going! I am reminded that it doesn't take strenuous activities or a long drawn out work out regimen to do so. Walking for about 15-20 minutes at a brisk pace works as well. Do you have an excercise regimen to share? ~Next 2 weeks I will do 2 miles 3 days of the week. In between, I will be doing projects around the house requiring lots of walking, stretching, bending, climbing and yard work. **BONUS QUESTION: What is one of your favorite "treats" to devour? ~I gotta soft spot lately for sf jello pudding! Hugs, Kitty Kat
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 1:38 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Okay here I am reporting in........... Moving my body - Today I am going to do 30 minutes on the treadmill on a higher exercise program than I normally do so it will get me moving a bit more. I am going to also have a dry run at walking to and from the VRE station to see how I do and how long it takes. It is just over 2 miles. I have taken all my morning vitamins so far - I enjoy chewing my mint calcium ones - it is like having a coupe of pieces of candy........ the next ones I take around 4pm this afternnoin. I take my tender iron and vitamin C at bed time. I have already taken one of my Whey Protein by IDS vials (25g protein), I will take my second around 1pm and my last one around 6pm - giving me 75g of protein each day. My favorite treats so far are the Caramel SF Jello sold ready made in Food Lion topped with SF Cool Whip - delicious - and I also like the Protein Pretzels sold by www.ishophere.biz Good luck! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 5:41 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Jackie, (hi jack!!) what calcium do you take that comes in mint?? Sounds yummy to me!! I wish we lived closer so I could walk with you - I would love a walking buddy but my area is so not good for walking, no sidewalks and ittle bitty streets. Oh, an now I'm going to have to try the pretzels!! I had ordered some of the bars that I usually get on Friday, then read your message about the other flavors and ordered those, and now the pretzels!! Maybe I can call them and see if they'll just combine everything. Will you be at Panera on Saturday or will you be in NY? love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 7:49 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Donna - I take Calcium Citrate chewables by Bariatric Advantage which I buy from Vitalady -they are yummy........ I live on a new housing estate so they have pathways for walking and cycling...... and I would love a walking buddy too. Someone knocking on the door for me insisting that I get out and walk would be good for me lol!! The people at ishophere,biz will combine shipping if you get a hold of them quickly - I love the pretzels - they had some at the Boogie and Splash for sampling - that was where I got hooked on them!! Yes I plan to be at the Panera on Saturday as I will be driving back after my meeting.... I am still hoping it might be rescheduled lol! Jackie
Christina R.
on 9/5/06 4:29 am - Reston, VA
Donna- I have the mint calcium that Jackie is referring too...I couldn't get them down. If you'd like I could bring them to the next Staple Club and let you try one. Just email me and let me know. Christina S
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/06 6:05 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Christina, that would be wonderful! I would like to try one if you wouldn't mind bringing it. Are you going to be there Monday night?? love donna
Christina R.
on 9/6/06 10:10 am - Reston, VA
Donna- I'll be there. I think my hubby is going to join me as well. See you then! Christina S
Kitty Kat
on 9/4/06 6:00 am - Richmond, VA
Hiya Jackie, I have yet to try the IDS Whey Protein vials. I keep going to The Vitamin Shoppe but they are ALWAYS out! Thanks for the info on your "goodies." I will look into the Caramel SF Jello dunno about pretzels! Hugs, Kat
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 7:53 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hey Kat, I would never buy the IDS from The Vitamin Shoppe - I always buy on line after I have searched about because they vary so much on price - I love that protein because it doesn't seem like much effort to take it - some of the others I just can't stomach.... Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views