Noob..haha

Anna Bryant
on 9/3/06 6:07 am - Roanoke, VA
Yup, I am new and just starting out. Don't know all the lingo but I'll pick it up quickly. I am hoping to get a ref. on Tuesday to go to the same surgeon my cousin did. She is awesome from what I am hearing. I cannot wait to be a loser...lol never thought I would say that. I am hoping for December and my boss has even said I should apply for donated leave. Wow, I work at the best place and love my job, but I am sooooo ready to start this new journey :-D.
A10sFrau
on 9/3/06 12:55 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Anna, Rode my motorcycle yo TJMaxx at Tanglewood today. Will wave next time I go by. PS--it is 'newbie', since you are eager to learn the lingo. Who is your cousin's surgeon? Just wondering if you are planning to go to RMH. Lois in G-town.
Anna Bryant
on 9/3/06 11:13 pm - Roanoke, VA
LOL, thanks Lois! I am hoping to get Dr Davenport. My cousin seems to think that she is no longer doing Bypass so we'll see going to call tomorrow. I'm just not sure what to say.
prissy25
on 9/3/06 10:39 pm - Barboursville, VA
Welcome and congrats you will have a blast on this new journey....
Anna Bryant
on 9/3/06 11:26 pm - Roanoke, VA
Thank you Miss Prissy, I can hardly wait.
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 1:47 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Welcome Anna - we have all been in your shoes and eager to learn - tell us more about your cousin too. Who are you going to for your surgery? Jackie
Anna Bryant
on 9/4/06 1:57 am - Roanoke, VA
Thanks everyone, my cousin is Amy Holt and Dr Davenport did her surgery. I will call her office tomorrow morning...sigh I can't wait.
Chyanne2u
on 9/4/06 3:18 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Welcome Anna, So glad to have you as a part of the Virginia Board. The people here are great and offer nothing but love & support. I had my surgery on July 3rd and have already lost 50 lbs. It's the most awesome journey I've ever been a part of. Keep the faith and don't give up and I'm sure you will have an approval before long. Keep us posted and don't be a stranger on here. I will look forward to hearing more from you as time goes by. Lots of Love Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 9/4/06 3:50 am - Danville, VA
Hi Anna and welcome. Kathy is right about the people on this board...it is a big wonderfful family. I had my surgery done in Roanoke by Dr. White and I highly recommend him...his whole staff is wonderful. He is with Dr. Lucktong..I love them both. I had my surgery in Dec of last year and have lost 80 pounds...I should have lost more but because of my stubborness, I didn't. I love food. I used to live in Roanoke and wish I still did....I am in Danville and really miss the Valley. Good luck and keep us updated. Hugs, Betsy
deltawoman10
on 9/4/06 8:25 am - Roanoke, VA
: wave: Welcome! I was referred to Davenport or Long for my surgery and was told that she no longer does it so I went with Long.....that was over 6 months ago so I guess it could have changed, but Dr. Long is at the same office and he did a great job! He took really good care of me and I am very pleased! Monique
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views