Protein Bars!

Mojodiva
on 9/2/06 12:38 am - FPO, Japan
I tried to find the thread where we discussed protein bars, but I couldn't find it! Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread to ask what protein bars everyone is eating. Im about 6 weeks out now and I am wanting to get most of my protein through food starting this week. Someone had mentioned some found at Walmart, but I couldn't remember the name. So please, share your favorite protein bars here!
A10sFrau
on 9/2/06 4:29 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Detour Buzz (has added caffeine), Power Crunch (very light), Met Rx Protein Plus are my favs. I get 90% of my protein from drinks and bars. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/06 5:55 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Detour Peanut Butter - Low Sugar Power Crunch - Chocolate Peanut Butter Pay Day - Sports Bar .. ( YUMMMMY BU****CH THE SUGAR _) Pure Protien - Country Blue Berry Crunch . Try to avoid protein bars that are soy based . For the best protein bar .. look for protein with whey isolotes or whey concentrates ... or both if they have it in there . It is a trial and error on these bars as some taste really different .. but to me the Detour taste just like a snickers bar or a candy bar . Good luck to you .. and congrats on your journey . Tink
deltawoman10
on 9/2/06 10:46 am - Roanoke, VA
Where do you guys purchase the protein bars you have listed??
A10sFrau
on 9/3/06 11:43 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I buy: Detour at GNC. Power Crunch on line OR Vitamin Shoppe. Met Rx Protein Power at GNC or Kroger, or even Walmart. I do like those blueberry ones Nat mentioned, too. I get them at Walmart. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/06 3:18 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I buy the Protidiet Chocolate and caramel cereal bars from www.ishophere.biz . They have only 1 or even 0 grams of sugar. I love them. The whole web site has many other protein bars as well. Most have a maximum of 10g of sugar....... I love them! Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/06 7:26 am - Fairfax Station, VA
I love the lemon crunch bars and the chocolate marshmellow ones The lady from ishophere.biz was at the Richmond June event and gave out samples and I've been a convert ever since. And they are so so nice to deal with (the people, not the protein bars!). I'm stuck on these but I think I'll try the ones Jackie suggested! Yum!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/06 1:52 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Donna - I like the ones you like too and have some of them - I just prefer to not eat the ones with sugar very often. Deanna from www. ishophere.biz was our nutritionist for many years before she joined them so she understands what would be good and not good for WLS patients. She is really nice - they all are. If you visit their shop in Woodbridge they give you a ton of free samples to leave with........ Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views