Small Intestine Bacteria Overgrowth??

Shanana
on 9/1/06 11:37 am - Altavista, VA
That is a diagnosis i got today. Finally at least I know something. Starting another round of antibiotics that may or may not get rid of it. I can keep coming back. Had a Hydrogen Breath Test today for it. Anyone ever heard of it? It comes from the blind loop from my surgery. I hope this takes care of it. Had to drink Fructose and talk about nausea and gas pains. Terrible!!! Shannon
*~Tigger~ *
on 9/1/06 12:27 pm - Staunton, VA
Like I told you, at least now you have something to work with. I really hope this helps you to feel better! Lots of love and JoAnn
Shanana
on 9/1/06 9:02 pm - Altavista, VA
Thanks Joanne!!!! I hope so too!!!! Love and hugs Shannon
Ernurse323
on 9/1/06 1:57 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Isn't that for H.pylori? Is that what he said you have? If so I had to be treated for it before I had my surgery cuz my test result for it was inconclusive. If that isn't it I am not sure. You should have gotten no bacteria from your surgery. the OR is clean and the instruments are sterilized and your doc/PA/ nurses do a sterile scrub before the operation. I sure hope you feel better. You haven't been feeling well for a while now. Hugs, Dana
Shanana
on 9/1/06 9:01 pm - Altavista, VA
I had H Pylori 3 yrs before surgery and had it ruled out after treatment w/ biopsy during endoscopy. This is good bacteria over growth in the blind loop. He says it is not getting enough to flu**** thru my system. All my research shows this happens to alot of people w/ surgery. He says it can keep coming back. This is the first thing he says is wrong if the antibiotics dont knock it out he will test further. Shannon
A10sFrau
on 9/1/06 8:55 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Glad to hear you are finally finding things out. I hope they can rout offending bacteria and get you feeling better. Hugs, Lois
Shanana
on 9/1/06 9:03 pm - Altavista, VA
Thanks Lois!!!I hope they get me figured out too. Shannon
Christine Hood
on 9/1/06 11:32 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Feel better Shannon! Christine
Chyanne2u
on 9/2/06 12:52 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Shannon, I am glad they finally gave it a name for you. It is so frustrating not knowing what's wrong. I will keep you in my prayer that the antibiotics will work and you will get this under control. Hopefully you are on the mend now. Lots of Love Kathy
TammyNVA
on 9/2/06 4:51 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Shannon, I pray this is the beginning of the end for you. Bless your heart... you have been going around and around and around with this, or something, for a long time. Thanks for keeping us up to date. Love ya, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views