Battening down for Ernesto

Patience
on 8/31/06 3:22 am - Lancaster, VA
Okay, Old Hippie, time to get your yaks out of the water! Take care everyone. Hope no one is in a flood plane. See ya on the flip side! Leigh
Amber B.
on 8/31/06 4:35 am - Virginia Beach, VA
It's already flooding onto my back patio. Hopefully maintenance will go and dig to detour the water or something. Keep safe! Amber
Ernurse323
on 8/31/06 7:11 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Really Amber? Wow...I am right down the road from ya it it is just slow and steady here. I would call now..maybe there is a drainage problem. What a messed up way to start the last stinkin weekend of summer. So much for my Labor Day plans !!! Keep dry !! Hugs, Dana
A10sFrau
on 8/31/06 9:28 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
We had lots of creek flooding in our county (Rockbrdge) last night. Hope you all fare well, Lois
Sharon Q.
on 8/31/06 10:26 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Dangit, all I got was WET AT THE BUS STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, had to add that bit of humor. We're not in an area that floods easy...........I'll be watching the news to keep track of you beach people...........Dana, if it starts to flood, get in the boat QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OXXOXOOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXO Sharon
Ernurse323
on 8/31/06 10:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Well..that could be a problem because our boat sleeps at the "Boatel." Everytime we keep it in our driveway for a few days our jerk neighbor calls the zoning inspector and I get a notice to move it. Man what I would like to do to that bitter, evil, neighbor. Only thing is...and I learned this is forensic nursing... unless you are OJ Simpson,..there is no getting away with that sort of crime..LOL ( Sorry...thats a bad one, I guess..but the truth !!!!) Big Hugs...great meeting you !! Dana
Sharon Q.
on 8/31/06 9:32 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Ya know, I cursed myself trying to be so dang funny..................now school is closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, what an enjoyable day it's gonna be hanging with the kids who have to stay INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry bout your neighbor. You need to move into my "redneck" neighborhood!!! If you don't have a boat and camper in your yard, well, yer just not cool!!!!!!!!!!!! Course our boat is a lil Bass Tracker, but that works well for the "Redneck Yacht Club"!!!!!!!! The storm is almost on top of ya now..............see I've been watching. Stay safe beachy dudes!!!!!!!!!!! OXXOOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXO Sharon
Robin C.
on 9/1/06 1:44 am - Norfolk, VA
I'm in Norfolk and everything is flooding out pretty well at this point, including my basement. Fortunately, we are used to that, so everything of value is "up on stilts" down there so it won't get ruined. My husband said that his parking lot and Princess Anne Rd. outside of his office are so flooded that you can't tell where one begins and the other stops. I wonder how he's gonna get home! I guess he'll figure that out when it's quitting time. We're supposed to be heading to the outer banks for the weekend. I hope this all ends soon so that our plans aren't ruined! I hope everyone else is staying dry. Amber, have things gotten worse out there in Virginia Beach or are you holding steady? It looks like the ocean front took a hard hit, and all the stages for the Rock and Roll marathon concerts are detroyed! That's a real shame! Take Care, Robin
Amber B.
on 9/1/06 2:06 am - Virginia Beach, VA
It's been awful. I live at the oceanfront and I couldn't drive myself to work. My husband had to take me in his tow truck. That was around 6am. I work for the City so I HAVE to be at work. We've gotten calls all day from various City buildings that need repaired. The worst is no power, currently there is over 140,000 people without power, including half of the municipal center. You'd think they would send us home, boogers! There is no power at my house right now. At least I have A/C here. I'm really bummed about the weekend, but I'm hoping it will clear up for at least tomorrows events. But I haven't seen the news to see what's going on on the oceanfront. I guess the eye is over us now and heading north. Kiss my bottie, Ernie! Amber
Robin C.
on 9/1/06 4:05 am - Norfolk, VA
Hey Amber, It's starting to slow up here in Norfolk - hopefully you'll see the same out there at the beach soon. Good luck getting home! Hippie - My son is hoping there's some good surf in Nags Head because of this. I hope you get some good rides too! Take care everyone and be safe! We'll be heading out to Nags Head in a few hours! Hopefully the rodes won't be too bad. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views