21 months out and still sick, sick, sick!!!

** Judy **
on 8/31/06 12:47 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
You are sssooo right! Pizza is so sneaky -- probably would jump right in my purse!!!
Ernurse323
on 8/31/06 2:15 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I sooooooooooo hear ya Judy. Sometimes I almost lose my mind thinking about all the nono's. I guess it is something we are always going to have to struggle with and cross our fingers that maybe someday it will get easier. Hugs, Dana
aryqa
on 8/31/06 3:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I don't have a dog either, so if something is tempting me so bad that I just KNOW I am going to break down and eat it, I toss it in the garbage disposal - let the gremlins eat it instead My cat is absolutely useless for disposing of leftovers.
** Judy **
on 8/31/06 3:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey -- thanks for the suggestion! We DO have a garbage disposal and I KNOW how to use it!! Hmmm, could become my first line of defense against those "red light" foods!! Judy 280/158/???
** Judy **
on 8/31/06 3:32 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Dana: I agree -- those "no-no's" drive me nuts! I was never very good at "no-no's". Always made me want to do it even more!! Guess this IS different. This something I chose to do. Thus, I will abide by the rules. It's just that some days are quite a bit easier than other days!!! Judy 280/158/???
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/06 8:19 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Judy, isn't it a shame this surgery wasn't on our brain as well as our stomach!! I'm like you - nothing is better than cold pizza. I am just about a year out and my 'head' is just now starting to awaken!! I knew it wouldn't go on but it was nice while it lasted. So now, for me, the hard work begins!! I have no self control so I would just have to throw it out!! Or give it to my dogs!! But naw, it couldn't stay in the same house as me, I am not a strong person, I'm weak and I know it!! By the way, you've done fantastic and look great!! love donna
** Judy **
on 8/31/06 12:34 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thank you Donna for those kind words!! You guys all make me feel much better. I do love cold pizza and just knew I was not alone!! I don't know if the day will ever come that I will be able to have pizza in the frig and NOT have it call my name. One thing for sure, today is NOT that day!! Judy 280/158/???
Robin C.
on 8/31/06 9:59 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi All, It is sooo good to hear all of this great advice before I even have surgery. Now I know that the cravings I have will never really go away, but that I have ways to deal with them. You are all such STRONG people that I am so in awe of. I am making a list of foods to never bring in the house after surgery because they are "red light" foods for me. And good news - it doesn't look like I'll be doing much grocery shopping post-op because there are so many items on the list! LOL! Good luck conquering your demons everyone, and Judy, you didn't say - did you eat that cold pizza or not ? I know that I don't have the strength to have left it there at this point in my journey. Robin
** Judy **
on 8/31/06 12:43 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Robin -- you would ask me what I did in response to those "pizza screams"! Well, this morning -- early -- I did eat one piece. When my husband got up, I told him we could never, never order pizza again. He is very supportive and felt really bad that he had started the whole thing. I went to lunch with a friend about 11:30. When I got home the pizza was gone and Rick would not tell me where! He is a good husband. He saved me from myself. Hmmm, it would have been nice if I could have saved me from myself -- oh well, maybe next time!!! Judy 280/158/??? p.s. That list of "red light" food is a great idea. Some food should never darken our door!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views