Pants Part II

Divalicious
on 8/21/06 1:06 pm - chesapeake, VA
Hi all, Sorry it took so long to follow-up on my "Cute Fat pants" - trying on some of my old Cute fat pants that I'd out grown in my closet. Here's ... a few quick updates. I went through my closet and man! I still have a way to go for a lot of my close but I'm fitting into sooooo many things now. A friend of mine who lives up in DC came down just after my surgery and gave me a bunch of old cloths and I was shocked to see that I could fit a lot of the tops (I never thought I'd see the day that I could actually share clothes with my friends). The funniest thing is I can wear a 22 to even a Wide 18 on top but a 22-24 pants - yep, I'm a pear shape (better than a beachball-shape). As of right now I'm down over 90lbs!!! The half way point as far as I'm concerned. I set a personal goal of 175 and anything beyond that is sugar-free frosting on the sugar-free cake. The only issue I have is a couple of patches of hair lose. I've checked with my dietician and she thinks I'm probably not getting enough protein (she probably right). I've started to invest in protein drinks - not the sugar load junk at the grocery store (which usually caps out at about 15 grams). I've got a membership at The Vitamin Shoppe and surprise - they have a lot of recommendations for bariatic patients. I've found two drinks that I like (and more importantly can tolderate). One is 35 grams and the other is 40 grams. I drink them with my throughout the day at work and I'd have to worry about getting too busy and not getting enough protein. Of course I still eat my 3-5 small (sometimes really small) meals but I've found that with the added protein I'm not as tired and the weigh has started melting off. Pheww, well for a quick note this has go on longer than I thought. More updates to come ... hopefully the next time I check in I'll have hit 100lbs - wish me luck!!
A10sFrau
on 8/22/06 10:32 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Protein, Protein, Protein. Water, Water, Water. Congratulations on your loss! For highest loss I would have at least 100g protein per day. Good luck, Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views