One more thing...

Amber B.
on 8/21/06 9:17 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm am feeling soooooooo discouraged. I'm scared I stretched my stomach out. I know that there is a period of time when you don't lose any/little weight, but that period is going on for far too long. I haven't lost anything in almost 2 weeks now. Maybe 1 pound. My scale is just like stuck! I believe that I am following everything like I'm supposed to. I know that I could exercise more, I just walk alot. I need to find out if I am doing anything wrong or just being impatient. I know everything will work out in the long run, I was at my target weight for one month out, but I'm supposed to be another 30 pounds down by Sept 19th, I just don't see it happening if nothing doesn't change SOON! I already want to erase this post. Amber
Tam
on 8/21/06 9:26 pm - Richmond, VA
Amber~ Our bodies need time to adjust and you are still on target. Just try and shake things up a little to "jump start" yourself back into motion. Add some protein and more water and change up and/or add to you exercise routine. It has worked for me several times. If you still want to talk about it...shoot me an e mail with you phone number and I will call after work and chat with you. I am sure you have NOT stretched your pouch out although we all have those feelings! {{hugs}} Tammy
Amber B.
on 8/23/06 3:56 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks your idea, it sounds like a good plan. Your definitely right, I know I didn't stretch it, just having a moment. Thanks for being there. Amber
Ms Court
on 8/22/06 1:44 am - Remington, VA
Hey Amber! You are actually doing great on your journey and it is very doubtful that you have stretched out your pouch. You are just hitting prime stall spot right now. Some people can get on one and go anywhere from 2-8 weeks and then suddenly boom they start losing again. This happens because our bodies need to adjust to what is going on in them. Definitely take your measurements. A lot of times during a stall you really start losing inches. There are lots of suggestions to jump start your weight loss. You can try things like upping your water & protein, cutting your carbs, upping your cardio. Good luck. Courtney
Amber B.
on 8/23/06 4:01 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Court! I definitely need to buy some measuring tape. I'm going to go swimming today, hopefully that will work up some cardio for me!!! Amber
Christina R.
on 8/22/06 1:58 am - Reston, VA
Amber- I was wondering how you were doing. I've been stalled for about 2 weeks now too, but measured on Saturday night and was SHOCKED! I'm just trying to remember that my body is doing what it needs to do for me to gain my health back and that the number on the scale shouldn't be my only measuring stick. I'm sure you'll gets some great suggestions, but mine would be to be patient with yourself....we're not even that far out yet! Christina S PS...I started back to work yesterday. I feel like a mack truck hit me this morning...how are you surviving that?!
Amber B.
on 8/23/06 4:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I know your right. I'm working on it. Welcome back to work. Since you had open, I can imagine its worse for you. Somedays are great, I even volunteered to come in today for some COMP time. Then I days where I don't even want to breathe. It just depends on my energy level. I'm hoping it will even out soon once I'm on all my meds again. Just take it easy and don't be afraid to work half days if you need to, you won't be any good to anyone if you push yourself too hard. What kind of work do you do??? Amber
Christina R.
on 8/23/06 10:42 am - Reston, VA
Amber- I do office work so it's not too bad. My boss is pretty easy going and lets me take it easy for the most part. Mornings are the worst for me though! Christina S
A10sFrau
on 8/22/06 10:41 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Good advice from everyone. 2 weeks ain't nothin'. I have gone for 6 weeks twice on a stall. Others have gone even longer. Just keep on keepin' on. Hope Tammy calmed some of your fears. Lois
Amber B.
on 8/23/06 4:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, Lois. Everyone has helped greatly!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views