Recommendation needed for Bariatric Surgeons

clydeslady
on 8/21/06 4:08 am
Hello. My brother and sister-in-law recently went through by-pass surgury with Dr. Mark Klingman at the University of MD Medical Center. They both highly recommend him. However, I live in Manassas, VA and would like to see if I could find a good surgeon closer to home. Any suggestions?
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/06 5:01 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I had Dr Halmi of Woodbridge - I think he is wonderful!! Jackie
Kathy & Rich
on 8/21/06 5:29 am - Fairfax, VA
If you are interested in laproscopic surgery then Dr. Amir Moazzezz from Fair Oaks is wonderful. If you are interested in open surgery then Dr. Anez at Fair Oaks and Dr. Halmi are excellent. I think they perform a smaller open incision than most. Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 8/21/06 10:17 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Dr Halmi and Dr Tran also do lap now too!!
cappymoon
on 8/21/06 6:42 am - Northern, VA
I second Dr Mozz.....He didnt do my surgery, but his partner did before he moved to WA state. I have been doing my follow ups with Dr Mozz, and he has been wonderful!! He also did my sisters surgery, and you might hear from her when she gets off work today, she can tell you more than I can I do know he took his time with her, and her surgery ran over a bit, but he wanted to make sure it was done right, so that in my book is a huge plus!! And you can come to the support groups at Fair Oaks rather easy from Manassas, another plus Good luck in your search! Dianna
Christina R.
on 8/21/06 7:22 am - Reston, VA
I would second Dr. Anez. Had my open surgery last month and I'm doing great. The incision is only about 3-3.5 inches long! I was shocked at how small it was! Christina S
Kathleen L.
on 8/21/06 9:48 am - Arlington, VA
My Surgeon is really wonderful. His name is Dr. Hazem Elariny. I had it lap. He is in Vienna, VA.
~ Julie ~
on 8/21/06 11:42 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
I would totally go with Dr. Moazzez. He is THOROUGH. He operates out of Fair Oaks Hospital, which is one of the leading bariatric surgery centers on the East Coast (I think). He does mainly laparoscopic surgery (I think it's only lap, and if he needs to, he'll switch to open only if something is wrong). Like Dianna said, he took a long time with me (not that I cared, I was out. ) but I think that just proves how dedicated he is to doing the job the right way. If you have any questions at all, please contact me. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views