old dog...new tricks....

track
on 8/19/06 1:21 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
thought I'd give this new fangled consarned technology a try...at least my daughter said I oughta...so I've been trying this myspace thing out...stop by and see if it works...I have no idea... myspace.com/oldmanriver1951 i know you're not s'posed to put all the www stuff down, so you know what to do..right or can you just put the shole url down again...it's always changing... http://www.myspace.com/oldmanriver1951
cappymoon
on 8/19/06 1:29 pm - Northern, VA
Yeah!!! I added ya........glad to see you on MS Dianna
track
on 8/19/06 2:52 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
I wish my old 'puter wasn't so tempramental...or is that just plain ...mental???
Betsy Anitahug
on 8/20/06 1:09 am - Danville, VA
Hey, Track...I have added you to MS...glad to be able to add more tiny pouch people...Have a great weekend. Hugs, Betsy
Kitty Kat
on 8/20/06 2:25 am - Richmond, VA
Hey Gorgeous! I added ya! Have a fabulous Sunday! Kitty Kat
Pat F.
on 8/20/06 3:18 am - Richmond, VA
Like I have added you to mine. Welcome aboard! We are about the same age.
Amber B.
on 8/20/06 9:57 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Added!
kpnix
on 8/21/06 10:13 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi - my name is Karen Nix. I believe you work with my sister Janet at the library. I can't imagine that there can be more than one person with the name "Track". Anyway, just thought I would say hello. I'm a little over two months out and have lost 45 pounds! Protein is still a problem but I'm working on it. Janet said you make your own protein bars. I plan on making some one of these days. Karen Nix
track
on 8/21/06 11:14 am - on the beach down by the bay, VA
well, hello!...yes indeedy...tha'd be me...congrats on the loss so far. Initially protein intake is a difficult thing...but when you make such a major change it eventually will become second nature to finally start getting in all the protein that your new system requires. I used a product called Any-Whey...an odorless, flavorless, supposedly tasteless protein powder as an additive to a lot of early foods. Sugar free pudding, yogurts, creamy soups. Right before serving, I would sprinkle on a teaspoon or two, (it's a trial and error thing) and by keeping a food log, you can see where the protein is coming from, and when the eating times are working or not. Even at my being 2 1/2 years out and down 177 lbs...I still work at the protein forst mantra...lots of water and exercise...not because I am supposed to...but because it is a new way to do things. Read through my profile, the recipe for the Logan Bread is in there, needless to say, not low calorie...but high protein, very nutritious. Same with some tips on making the cappucinno flavored forzen protein drinks..very tasty... There are a lot of ways of working the protein into your new lifestyle, I think the biggest problem is trying to get in the 90 gr. per day early on...you just have to work your way up to it. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or concerns...I'm no expert, and I'd like to lose some more, but so far...so good... So keep up the good work...it's an awesome journey!
Patience
on 8/22/06 12:08 am - Lancaster, VA
Well, I'm impressed! What a page! Just so I get my facts straight, you are married are you not? LOL!! Leigh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views