Something new at every turn.....

A10sFrau
on 8/19/06 11:01 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
On my hike this a.m., I was able to trail run ALL the way back down. This cut my normal 1 hour hike to 45 minutes SO I will have to make sure I add the appropriate distance to keep my time exercising at at LEAST 1 hour. Thinking about running with the Cross Country Team at school. Can see veins in my arms and legs now, when I have exercised. My protruding tailbone is causing me problems. Never had much butt, and now have what Jeff Foxworthy would call an old man's Frog Butt. I think I will need some sort of cushion for my chair at work. Certainly could use a gel pad for my motorcycle seat. Also, can feel my pelvis now, for the first time in my life. Discovered a great melon--Piel de Sapo--Skin of Toad (for the uninitiated). Delicate, white, sweet flesh, YUMMY. Another new favorite here are the black seedless grapes I first found at Krogers, then at Walmart. The Bing cherries are also making us both VERY happy. Got my "go back to work" letter from school. A buddy had assured me that all teachers report at the same time this year--Aug. 28. HA! This Thursday! I will work Monday 7-12n for Clark Electric, Tuesday all day. Will have Wed. for ME, then attend the New Super. Meetingfor Dept. Heads sometime Thursday and take Friday, Sat. and Sun. for me. I have an ultrasound of the uterus Monday. The biopsy results aren't expected for 2 weeks. I had originally gone to the GYN for 1). and annoying minor infection, and 2). PAP. About the time I made the appt. I started my cycle for the first time since surgery . Now folk, I am 55+. I have paid my dues and am way past ready for this to GO AWAY. To add to my misery--this has now continued for 14 days tomorrow!! I fear I will have to start taking iron shortly, due to this. The hair keeps getting thinner, while new hair grows in (??) and my face is saggy at the bottom. The thighs don't worry me, just the jowls and the batwings. This, too, I can handle. A nice surprise has been that I don't have a huge turkey wattle, which I had expected--just a small one . Was worried about my increased appetite when I started hiking and then working for Clark. My concern was that I would stretch my stomach out. Seems that has also corrected itself. I am now having to make SURE I drink enough fluid and get enough protein in. Now if I could just kick the MOM habit ttfn, Lois
*~Tigger~ *
on 8/19/06 12:09 pm - Staunton, VA
Way to go on the exercise! You're amazing! I am so proud of you! JoAnn
prissy25
on 8/19/06 1:24 pm - Barboursville, VA
Thats my Lois always giving me a laugh the MOM thing I love it, Im in on Sept 7th for the Indemetrial Ablation and getting tubes tied, Im only 42 and I wont the MOM thing to go away just the monthly not my mom.(Love Her to death) You go Lois you Rock!!! Sweetie you give a new meaning to Harley Babe 55 and HOT!!!!
Kathy & Rich
on 8/20/06 3:51 am - Fairfax, VA
First of all, congratulations on your trail run! That's excellent! Isn't it strange to see all sorts of veins protuding and feel all sorts of bones that you never really felt before? Amazing. Congrats on all the new sensations. Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow. I hope the biopsy doesn't show anything serious and that the ob/gyn can get you straightened out. Best wishes, Kathy
Stacey D.
on 8/20/06 7:27 am - Harrisonburg, VA
Miss Lois, I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work! I hope to see you next month at the meet n greet....Take Care! GOD BLESS YOU! Stacey
Amber B.
on 8/20/06 10:15 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
It sounds like you are doing great, Lois. Congrats! It makes my future seem a lot brighter when I see people like you doing so well for yourself! Thank you, Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views