S.O.S. I wanna peanut butter & jelly sandwich!!!!

Amber B.
on 8/18/06 5:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Okay, I'm craving one so bad. I found Polaner Jelly, but there is no peanut butter that is even remotely close to being safe. I recall someone mentioning eating PB, some kind of Natural stuff, please let me know what it is so I can kill this need to get my mouth stuck together!! Amber
Andrea N.
on 8/18/06 7:06 am - Ashland, VA
Did you know they make "no sugar added" Peter Pan? I have some in my pantry, but haven't tried it yet. I want to make protein balls with it. I know you have to be careful with it, but you could always try a little bit. I also have sugar free jelly at Food Lion. Hugs, Andrea
Kathy & Rich
on 8/18/06 7:21 am - Fairfax, VA
I probably shouldn't say this... I believe I dump on sugar but use regular PB and do just fine with it. There are only like what 2-3 grams of sugar in 2 TBSPs. That isn't high. I love PB on celery sticks. I jus****ch the quantity. Kathy
prissy25
on 8/18/06 10:04 am - Barboursville, VA
I too use regular Peter Pan creamy peanut butter in small portions I have no trouble w/ it. Im gonna have my mom make me sugarfree jelly w/ fruit and splenda she makes regular so shes gonna do it for me w/ the splenda.
Christine Hood
on 8/18/06 4:43 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
I dump off of LITE cool whip but I don't dump off of PB! I tried the no sugar, the reduced fat...I decided that I would match rather have a tiny bit of the regular...no dumping, tastes yummy! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/06 9:00 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Amber - I agree with Kathy, the PB is so LOW in sugar content, anyway (the normal stuff) that I never gave the more expensive "sugar free" version a second glance. I think with as LITTLE as you'd be able to eat, even the recommended 2-Tablespoon serving will be fine. It's funny what one person CRAVES will make another upchuck, literally. Can't stand peanut butter and jelly combo's, can't even stand to SMELL it on someone's breath. My hubby loves that type of sammich and I won't let him anywhere near me till he's brushed his teeth. Good luck on the cravings, thank goodness it's a HEALTHY one! Hugs - Lei
Christina R.
on 8/19/06 12:13 am - Reston, VA
Amber- I've had success with the Peter Pan Sugar Free Creamy peanut butter. Give that a try. Christina S
Linda Y.
on 8/20/06 10:29 am - Portsmouth, VA
Amber, You're so new to this so please be very carefull...maybe you can have just a tsp. or two. I know I shouldn't say this but, I can...no scratch that...I do eat PB right out of the jar, I'm talking by the spoonfulls! I think I'm hooked on it...I go through a jar a week. I've been very fortunate & have no problems with it. As a matter of fact, I still lose about 1 lb a week. But please, don't do the same thing, we're all so different, there are things that I cannot tolerate. Please be carefull, Anastasia
Amber B.
on 8/20/06 10:32 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks, All! You guys are great. I was really hoping to find one sugar free with less fat grams, the fat grams are the killer! I don't think there is such a thing under 3 grams. Anyway, I bought the sugar free this weekend, but haven't tried it yet. My son got sick and I haven't felt like eating much, not feeling well myself. I'll probably try it this week sometime. Probably with celery first, since that is kinda watery, since I can't drink a gallon of milk trying to get it unstuck to my mouth, hehehe! I will be careful though, I haven't dumped yet and I don't want to. I don't want to make a habit of eating bad food either. Thanks again, Everyone, you guys rock! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views