New To Site!

RBALSER
on 8/18/06 10:41 pm
Hello Everyone! My name is Becka and I just started my journey on this road(I hope!) My PCP brought this surgery to my attention because I am 20 yrs old weighing in at 280lbs. I have a Thyrode problem along with Poly systic Ovarian Syndrome which both of these cause you to have weight gain. I recently got married and hate the road I am going down now. When we go out to dinner or to a movie or something, I dont even bother getting all dolled up, whats the point I figure, I will still be fat-> Dressed u*****t. I HATEEEEE Shopping. Nothing looks good. So my favorite outfit...Tshirt and Jeans! I have a few people supporting me but no one *****ally feels what I feel. They say they understand but how is that possible, I want friends to talk to who actually know what I am going through. I love my family and friends and I love my life. I just got married and bought a house. I have a wonderful job. I start college in like 2 days to begin my journey in being a teacher, I cant wait! But I want to walk out the door in the morning and feel GREAT about myself. I want to go shopping in a NORMAL store like Gap, American Eagle ya know the stores I should be shopping at, Instead I have to go to Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug and Cato. I dont want to do that. No one can ever buy my clothes as a gift because well...it might be the right size, but Im 99% sure, it wont fit right! I am soooo ready to be smaller. I am giving all my 110%! I am willing to do whatever it takes to have MY life! My husband and I went on weigh****chers, I lost about 10lbs in 6 weeks, my husband about 35LBS!!!! Can you believe that?? So I have tried the diets, It just isnt working for me. I have struggled with weight sence I was about 10. I was in a size 12 at 11 years old. Thats not good. Now I am in a 24/26 and sometimes 26/28. Which makes me all the worse I have no chest, which is unusal for an overweight person. Well sorry this went on for so long, Thanks for listening! I would like to gain some new friends, so if you have the time you can e-mail me at [email protected] and my AIM screen name is RNRBALSER0106. Thanks so much! God Bless you all and have a wonderful weekend! BECKA : - D
Christine Hood
on 8/19/06 3:37 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Welcome to the best board on the site Becka! You will find loads of support here! Congrats on the start of your new journey. I am still a youngin in this journey but it has been such an awesome ride already! Please let us know if you need anything or have questions...everyone is very caring and very helpful! Christine 253/207.5/134
RBALSER
on 8/19/06 1:31 pm
Thanks so much for being so supportive! Is there anything you would have done differantly. Is there anything I should be doing now? My PCP recommded this surgery to me and he told me to research it and deciede if its something Im intrested in and we will go from there. My next appointment with him is 9/20/06 and I am planning on going to a simanar on 9/12/06 in NC to get more information. Thanks! Becka
WendyNVA
on 8/19/06 5:15 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Becka, Welcome to the VA Board. You are so fortunate.. YES, you heard me right! 20 years old, and having the opportunity to change your future for the better! Oh how I wish I had the opportunity in my youth to do this life saving miraculous journey! I consider you a light weight at 280 girl, being that I started this journey at over 400 pounds.. BUT, I'm so proud of you for taking the steps to improve your health and your future. Keep letting us know how you progress on your journey. You have just started your adult-hood, and a new marriage, and it will get better the healthier you are. Wendy
RBALSER
on 8/19/06 8:22 pm
Ya'll are already amazing! Thanks for being there for me! I am attending a simanar on 9/12 as long as everything goes well I will be choosing the path to loosing!! So did u see a doctor here in virginia? Well Congrats on all the weight you have lost! I cant wait to be sharing my story with someone! Thanks so much! Becka
WendyNVA
on 8/20/06 10:43 am - Va Beach, VA
Hye Becka, Yep, I had Dr. Doxey, who no longer practices in this area. He moved to Arizona Bariatric, and from what I've heard, has since gotten outta the field altogether. Best of luck to you, and I wish you all the success on your journey Wendy
Betsy Anitahug
on 8/19/06 6:23 am - Danville, VA
Hi Becka...Glad to see you here and we all know just what you are going through. I wish I had been younger before getting this surgery but at 56 years young, I am thrilled so far with the results. My weight is coming off slower because of a dead motabolism but I am down 80 pounds since December. At a stand still now but trying to get it going again. Write anytime...someone will have the answers...if you want to talk I am just an email away. I love meeting others with the same concerns and weight problems as me. This group has a special bond because of the common ground we have all come from. We love each other, so welcome. Hugs, Betsy
RBALSER
on 8/19/06 8:25 pm
Thanks so much Besty! The love here is just amazing. I am so happy to hear that you are going well. Wow 80Lbs, you gotta be pround of that! Well if you have any suggests for the start of my new journey, please share! :0) Thanks so much again, and Keep In Touch! Good Luck and God Bless! Thanks Becka
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/06 8:17 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Welcome Becka! I am seriously jealous of you because I wish this surgery had been around when I was 20!! I am sure I would have had a different life! You have come to one of the most supportive and friendly boards on the net. If you need anything please feel free just to ask and someone will help you.... My husband also used to lose more weight than me on a diet - I think they have better genetics lol!! Hang on in there - soon he won't be able to catch up with you!! Jackie
RBALSER
on 8/19/06 8:34 pm
Hey Jackie! Thanks so much for the comfort. I can wait to start getting the show on the road. Im blessed with a wonderful mother who has the joy of not working a FT 5 day a week job so she will be able to be by my side this whole time. She is a wonderful inspiration and she is always thinking of the things I forget, so between the 2 of us, I will know what Im getting myself into. The only thing that scares me is I dont deal with pain well. I am a bit of a whinner. So thats an issue but...hey I deal with all the pain of being FAT. Lol. and I think we can agree , that anit easy! Im working on getting some pics on here so you guys can see me! Thanks so much for everything, please keep in touch, let me know on your progress. You look beautiful!!! Keep up the good work! Thanks, Becka
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views