The weekend is for DANCING - join us!

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/06 10:27 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. SATURDAY, August 26th is for dancing!!! From noon to midnight and ALL are welcomed, so please come and join us!! Saturday/Afternoon We're starting off at the 31st street beach boardwalk - some (or most) already know the spot. Behind the Hilton Hotel, facing the ocean, in the big white rockers. A band starts playing there at Noon called "Beach Nuts" never heard of 'em but with a name like that, I like 'em. If we get there around 10:30 or 11:00 we'll have the entire lawn area to set up chairs, near the rock wall and maybe even enough rockers to plant our butts on. We can tan, jam and yap with good friends...and of course dance, for a few hours! You can either bring a cooler with munchies and drinks or you can pivot around and head to the bar/restaurant right behind you. Also, the beach is only a 30 second walk away. So we can set up camp somewhere near the music and still run down to the beach when we're due for a MERMAID FIX!! Natalie and Alan are talking about 'possibly' going to Busch Gardens that morning/afternoon, so I'll let her toss out the details, assuming that's still there plan. Also, they are staying at a hotel NEAR the club we'll be going to that evening, when she's booked her room she'll share the details with those of you that might want to be nearby. If you're part of the group that heads to the beach, the band stops at 4:00, which would be a great time to start breaking up camp and heading to our homes/rooms to get ready for the evening. Saturday/Night The club is called "Night Fever" [ http://nightfeverdanceclub.com/ ] they are located near VaBeach Blvd and Newtown road. The actual address is, 800 Baker Road, phone 757-473-9746. They tend to get pretty crowded, or at least they did over the winter/spring months, so I'm going to call and try to reserve some tables. Not sure what time we're expected to get there to keep the tables, but I'm hoping they'll hold them till at least 8:30. I'll find all this out when I call them with a head count. They won't let us reserve a table larger then the bulk of the group that shows up. So if 10 of us get there at 8:30, but we have 20 total that should get there over the next two hours, they won't give us a table for 20. It's considered empty revenue, lol, which makes sense, I guess. Regardless, even if we end up at a table for 10 - I suspect all the chairs will be empty once the music starts up. So far, these are the people I know will be there. Patty = 1 Nannette and Hubby = 2 Sharon = 1 Jen G. = 1 Natalie and Alan = 2 Wendy G. = 1 Track-ster! = 1 Paul and Leilani = 2 If you'd like to join us just toss out your RSVP's to this thread with a head count and what time. SUNDAY/Afternoon This is a casual get together at the beach. No specific time constraints, come and go when you can. I put an event schedule together (posted below) of what's going on that day for those that are interested. I have NO clue how long people are planning on staying. I know that a few of us are in it for the long haul. Probably meet at the beach area near/around 31st street, swim and tan from 11:00 to 2:00. Or longer for those that want too, then I'll haul my stuff up to the "white rockers" again, by the Hilton. They have a Steele band playing from 2 to 6, very mellow music but after our turbo Saturday, that's perfect. We can either eat lunch at the restaurant there, or just sit and visit on the lawn and eat lunches that we brought, etc. Like I said, very laid back, hang out kinda day. SUNDAY/Night For those still around, we can meet at 7th street, near Mahi-Mah's restaurant. The band playing that night is called "10-spot" and they truly are AWESOME!!!!!!! http://www.10spotband.com/default.html I was introduced to them about a year ago, by Erika (Hey? Erika, where the hell have you been woman, how are the wedding plans coming along?). Anyway, she knew what she was talking about when she told me they were outstanding and I've become a self-appointed groupie. They play ALL types of music and most, if not all, will make you wanna get up and dance. Here is the Boardwalk Schedule for Sunday, August 27th. The great thing about this is that we can meet up in one place initially (at 31st street) and if others eventually want to hit another block party/band it's all within walking distance. Sunday's Boardwalk schedule, August 27 - Fireworks, 10:15pm, oceanfront 10 Spot, 7:00-11:00pm, at 7th Street Stage Patsy Cline - A Tribute, 7:30pm, 8:30pm at 13th Street Salsa w/ Tumbao Salsero, 8:00-10:30pm, 17th Street Park Nuff Sed, 8:30-11:00pm, 24th Street Park Tropical Steel, 2:00-6:00pm, 31st Street Park Another Life, 6:30-10:30pm, 31st Street Park Okay - Im ALL typed out and Im sure most of you have fallen asleep out there. Fair warning, I'll be posting this long long looooooooooong post several times in the next week. If you're interested in joining us, please do, just hollar back in this thread. If I've forgotten anything, hopefully others will toss it into this thread too. Hope to see you soon - Lei [who wishes they had a mermaid icon]
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/06 10:41 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ok here is a list also of the hotels that are near Nite Fever . The rates are really comprable . The closer you stay at the beach the more $$ you will spend . Here are just a few . As to Saturday at Busch Gardens, if anyone wants to join me just email me and we can find a way to hook up . If no one decides to go we may just change and meet everyone down at the Beach . So let me know soon !!! La Quinta Inn 192 Newtown Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (0.84 miles away) 757-497-6620 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Quality Inn 6280 Northampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA (1.03 miles away) 757-461-6251 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels, Banquet Rooms Sleep Inn Lake Wright 6280 Northampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA (1.03 miles away) 757-461-1133 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels, Banquet Rooms Econo Lodge 5819 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.06 miles away) 757-460-1000 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels, Automobile Floor Coverings Absolute Hospitality 5800 Burton Station Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.19 miles away) 757-363-2901 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Wingate Inn 5800 Burton Station Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.19 miles away) 757-363-2901 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Red Roof Inn 5745 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.19 miles away) 757-460-3414 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Global Corp 5745 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.19 miles away) 757-460-6700 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Best Western Inn 5718 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.23 miles away) 757-363-2500 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Days Inn Norfolk Airport 5708 Northampton Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.24 miles away) 757-460-2205 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Holiday Inn Virginia Beach 5655 Greenwich Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.58 miles away) 757-499-4400 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels, Banquet Rooms Hampton Inn 5793 Greenwich Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.59 miles away) 757-490-9800 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Courtyard-Virginia Beach Nrflk 5700 Greenwich Rd, Virginia Beach, VA (1.61 miles away) 757-490-2002 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Red Roof Inn 196 Ballard Ct, Virginia Beach, VA (1.61 miles away) 757-490-0225 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Springhill Suites 6350 Newtown Rd, Norfolk, VA (1.72 miles away) 757-333-3100 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Howard Johnson 1450 N Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA (1.76 miles away) 757-466-7474 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Website Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Budget Lodge Motel 1001 N Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA (1.79 miles away) 757-461-4391 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels Hilton Norfolk Airport 1500 N Military Hwy, Norfolk, VA (1.80 miles away) 757-466-8000 Map Directions To Directions From Places Nearby Send to Cell Category: Hotels & Motels, Convention & Meeting Facilities & Svc
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/06 10:48 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning gorgeous! I vote you nix the Busch Gardens idea and just join us at the BEACH!!!! We can NEVER have too many mermaids and you're bringing your cabana boy/man with you - it's perfect!
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/06 11:37 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ya know what ... I feel my mermaid fins popping up ... OMG ... I just may nix it .. and grab my cabana boy and do just that .... I feel a tidal wave a coming over me ... whoooo hoooo ....
prissy25
on 8/18/06 12:24 am - Barboursville, VA
We stayed at the Red Roof Inn on Ballard Ct last Sunday and Monday there about 15 mins from downtown beach area not a bad drive enjoy your weekend.
Amber B.
on 8/17/06 11:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Guys, I'll probably join ya Sunday afternoon for a swim and lunch. I'm not that good with crowds so I don't know if going dancing will work out for me, we shall see. Its funny because I only live about 7 blocks from 31st & Atlantic. If anyone cares to share their cell number, I'll just call over the weekend and find out where you are and what you are doing. I'm just happy to see you guys are doing a VA Beach event! Amber
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/06 9:16 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Amber - Lucky you, just a few blocks away huh? LOL, I'm only about 8 miles away, but when you're wanting to play in the water NOW, those 8 miles can seem like 8 hours. My son is moving out to the beach, next weekend, out near 31st and Pacific - as much time as I spend there, I'll actually be able to see MORE of him now. Which is a good thing! See you on Sunday ....Lei
Christine Hood
on 8/17/06 11:43 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Lei! I'm IN!! Unfortunately my man will be in NY (I was supposed to go with him but he is leaving Thursday night and I have a business trip to Richmond Thursday and Friday). Anyway, sounds like a fun weekend! Christine
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/06 9:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning sweet thang! Just wanted to tell you that I had a blast last night, so did Wendy! Once they started cranking out the tunes I don't think "sitting" was part of my vocabulary. Can't say it enough, you and your sweety are freakn adorable together and I loved that with a night club FULL of women, he was totally and absolutely focused on you. Love that in a guy, when they can make you feel like you're the only woman in da' world - Paul makes me feel that way and it's a wonderful thing! See you next weekend, if not sooner! Hugs - Lei
Christine Hood
on 8/19/06 12:42 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I had a great time too! And I believe Cheryl had a blast as well! You were such a wild dancing woman! Anthony was amazed that you never sat your booty down the WHOLE NIGHT!!! He really is good to me and so focused. See ya next weekend! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views