Questions for doctor

Laurie C.
on 8/17/06 2:48 am - Vinton, VA
I haven't been on in several weeks. My son was burnt the first of Aug and flown to UVA hospital and I have been taking care of him but he is now on the path of recovery and doing very well. So now I am realizing my consultation is fast approaching 9/12 and I need to start getting my thoughts on this process. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas or comments as far as questions for the doctor. I am not supposed to eat anything after 7am the morning of my appointment..I am not sure what this is for...any thoughts on that?
BusybeeNow
on 8/17/06 3:04 am - RONAOKE, VA
Laurie, You are not suppose to eat anything the morning of the consult because they will do a H Polri test and if you eat or drink anything it could change accuracy of the test. Are you having surgery locally? If so who is your surgeon? K
Tam
on 8/17/06 3:08 am - Richmond, VA
Laurie, The no eating or drinking is for an H Pylori test that they will do. I think you just blow in a bag or something simple...I did not have one. Wanted to wish your son a speedy recovery and I hope he is not in too much pain! {hugs} Tammy
Laurie C.
on 8/17/06 3:15 am - Vinton, VA
Yes I am having it done local (Roanoke), my consultation is with Dr. Lucktong. Thanks for the words of kindness for my son...it has been a scary few weeks but the body is amazing on how fast it starts to heal. Probably the hardest for me was seeing him in pain but the many prayers for him has made the whole ordeal easier to deal with.
BusybeeNow
on 8/17/06 3:44 am - RONAOKE, VA
Laurie, You are in the best hands!!! I had surgery with Dr. Lucktong as well as my mom and he is wonderful. If you have any questions e-mail me and I will be happy to answer any. Do you go to the Roanoke Support Group? I will say a prayer for your son it is hard to see the little guys in pain. K
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views