Packing up my stuff

*~Tigger~ *
on 8/16/06 11:55 am - Staunton, VA
Well, long story short, I have had to request a one year leave of absence from school. I haven't even started PT after my c-spine surgery in April, so there's no way I can return to teaching for at least this year. So, today my son, Tom, and I had to go to my school and move all of my stuff into storage. (If I can go back next year, I don't know where I'll be.) Now after teaching in Staunton for 18 years, I have accumulated a lot of stuff, including thousands of books. It was tough on the men folks since I still can't lift. I was surprised to find tears in my eyes as I left the building. I have such mixed feelings about all of this. The only thing that I am sure of is that I am tired of being in pain. Oh, well. Enough whining. Thanks for listening. Love to everyone, JoAnn
Ernurse323
on 8/16/06 3:03 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I am sorry JoAnn..shhessssssshhhhh..I don't even know what to say. I can't believe you are not feeling much relief since your surgery. Why haven't you started PT yet? I sure wish you faster healing. You are grieving a major loss here....18 years is a long time !!! My heart goes out to you. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. I hope your spine starts to feel better. Big Hugs, Dana
*~Tigger~ *
on 8/16/06 10:53 pm - Staunton, VA
Thanks, Dana! The doctor says that I' still in too much pain for PT. I go back to see him on 9/21. I don't think that they can do anything else, so this pain may be forever. On the bright side, at least I'm not paralyzed! That's certainly something to be thankful for!! JoAnn
Christine Hood
on 8/16/06 3:11 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Feel better JoAnn...sorry you had such a rough day! Things will definitely get better for you! Have faith! Christine
*~Tigger~ *
on 8/16/06 10:54 pm - Staunton, VA
Christine, you are so right! Things could always be worse, and they WILL get better! JoAnn
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 9:52 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
JoAnn, I know exactly how you feel. It is sad. The last job I had I started moving my 'stuff' out weeks before my last day, and everyday that I went in the office it seemed less and less like my office. So on my last day I felt like I was just walking out of a 'place'. Not quite as bad. My offices tend to look so 'homey', and I had lots of things in it so it was quite a change. Doing it all at once, like you did, is emotional. No way around it. Take care JoAnn, smart lady who knows everything abouit that Stonewall guy!! Oh, and the tour lady definitely was impressed with you, she always had a smile on her face when she asked a question and then waited for you to answer!! She loved it!! love donna
*~Tigger~ *
on 8/16/06 10:57 pm - Staunton, VA
Donna, I really didn't think it would hit me like it did when I left. But, you're right....it is very emotional. Thanks for the kind words. JoAnn
Shanana
on 8/16/06 10:48 pm - Altavista, VA
Keep you chin up girlie. There is something good going to come out of this. I just know it is. Dont know when but think it will. Sorry for you having to go thru all of this. Love and Hugs Shannon
*~Tigger~ *
on 8/16/06 10:59 pm - Staunton, VA
Thanks, girly! So many of us are going through rough times right now, but it WILL get better for all of us. Thanks for being such a good friend! You're wonderful, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT!! JoAnn
prissy25
on 8/17/06 12:40 am - Barboursville, VA
Joann I am so so sorry I know this is a difficult time and your in my thoughts and prayers I know you will find something you will enjoy later when you feel better. Hugs and cant wait to see ya again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views