News Flash: News that rocks the world ...

J A.
on 8/16/06 12:19 am - Southwest, VA
... or at least it rocks my world. I AM NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE!!! This is according to the BMI calculator. My lap band is working but I don't feel thinner. My clothes are baggy but I just don't see the difference, except where new wrinkles are appearing. Is this another "head" issue? Janice
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 1:23 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Anytime you can move catagories on the Obesity scale sweety is awesome news. Congratulations !! Is it a mind issue on feeling thinner.. I say yes .. I go thru it still . I am a size 4\5 and still sometimes feel that I am obese .. but it is all in my head ... especially when I see pics .. it jolts me back to reality . Way to go sweety .. Keep up the great work ! Hugs, Tink
J A.
on 8/16/06 3:01 am - Southwest, VA
Awww, thank you Tink. I see that I'm going to have to work on my mind games. For example, I decided to go shopping for a pair or two of capri's on sale yesterday. I wanted to wait awhile for the season change and because I'm changing rapidly, but I'm having trouble keeping my size 26s where they belong. Got to the store and I automatically looked for size 26 ... and I'm a reasonably intelligent person! Tiny Tink, you look great. And I'm so happy that you're starting a new life. Best wishes to you, and congratulations to your sweetie. He found a gem. I usually lurk here and seldom post but I feel like I know all of you. Jan
deltawoman10
on 8/16/06 4:56 am - Roanoke, VA
Congratulations! This milestone is truly a cause for celebration! Monique D.
J A.
on 8/16/06 8:43 am - Southwest, VA
Monique, Thank you. How are you doing? It won't be long until you will be in the market for new clothes. Janice
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 6:51 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hello Janice! Nice to see a post from you. One thing that helps with the head games is to take pictures at least monthly and then look back. I think it was three months for me and I finally saw a face instead of a blob!! And for the wriikles -- just throw on more cream!! I know that I probably have more wrinkles, I mean I would even if I didn't have surgery, and it has taken me awhile to say this, but here it goes. I like the way I look!! Yup, I'm happy. Wrinkles, folds, flour sack for a tummy, tube socks for boobs, -- I'm still happy!! Don't buy clothes, get some at the clothing exchange or thrift shops. You will change sizes so fast. love to you Janice! donna
J A.
on 8/16/06 8:41 am - Southwest, VA
Donna, Dah-ling, you look maaah-velous!!! I am slathering cream on, but it seems that I'm only making the wrinkles softer. Like you, I don't really mind. I'l take wrinkles over fat any day of the week! I hope I can look half as good as you when I reach that point. I think you may be right about going to a thrift shop. That's on my agenda of things to do. love back, Janice
A10sFrau
on 8/16/06 10:46 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Shame on you talking about me like that, Donna !! How true your description...and YES I willingly made the trade and would do it all over again. Janice, congratulations on your move from morbid obesity ! Feels GREAT doesn't it? Lois
J A.
on 8/16/06 1:02 pm - Southwest, VA
Lois, It feels wonderful. I never thought I would be happy to be labeled as obese. Next hurdle is NORMAL. How are you? I think of you often and whisper a prayer. Janice
A10sFrau
on 8/17/06 8:46 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Trying to steel myself for the return to teaching others' children. Also, I think I am still merely overweight. I am 161 this a.m. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views