NOVA SUPPORT GROUPS

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 3:17 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ok .. here I am now an implant in ROCKVILLE MD . I am going to be giving up my support group in /Colonial Heights and will be looking for someone to take it over . Now saying that .. can you NOVA Peeps tell me where the support groups are .. What are the local Bariatric Hospitals . I will be moving LIFESTARTS base and will need hospital affiliation - or possibly will start my own group up here somewhere . If there is not a group in the Frederick, Montgomery county area , I just may do it here . But in the mean time I would love to join you all at your meetings .. So please can you tell me when and where they are ... ?? Thanks so much , Nat
Ms Court
on 8/16/06 4:13 am - Remington, VA
Good afternoon Ms. Nat. A lot of us (me, Dianna, Kathy, Christina, Gail, Donna, and others) attend the groups at INOVA Fair Oaks hospital. The Staple Club is run by the nutritionist out of Dr. Anez' office, and it is usually the 1st Monday of every month. Journey together is run by the hospital staff and is usually the 3 rd Monday of every month I think. There are also some local groups that meet at different restuarants, etc in the NOVA area and I am sure they will post with some more info for you. Courtney
wlsurvivor
on 8/16/06 4:30 am - Marshall, VA
Hey Natalie! How the heck are ya!!! I hope everything goes okay with the tumor situation! I will pray that NIH gets their act together soon to help you out! It was good to see you at our Panera's group meeting last month! We have another meeting this Saturday at 10:30 a.m. in Fairfax and some of us are going to the Dulles Expo Center Jewelry show afterwards. Roberta has free passes to get us in! Hope to see you there! Anyway, I think the best way to find Maryland local support groups is to go on the Maryland OH Message Board and post there. Good Luck! Hugs, Karen
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 5:30 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Nat - I don't know if this is of interest to you or not, but the hospital that I had my surgery (ah hem - 11 months ago today thank you very much!! 126 pounds gone from this sweet body!!) anyway, back on point. My hospital is George Washington University Hospital and they have a nice support meeting (it's in the district). I have been several times, but it's sort of a hassel for me to go from NOVA to the district at that time of night. But I do like it. If you ever want to attend a meeting let me know and I'll go with you I have a schedule, and I'd be happy to give you the dates. Glad you're in this neck of the woods. I've been meaning to email Dianna and ask her if we could do a NOVA dinner at Miquels again. It's been a while. I'm off to San Diego tomorrow for awhile. I just got back today from the funeral of my best friend, so I'm a little down in the dumps. Cancer is wicked. Anyway, again, glad you're a neighbor. love donna
Jen_G
on 8/16/06 9:34 am - in, VA
There is a good surgeon Dr Barry Greene who runs a bariatric program at Shady Grove Hospital...that's up near you in Rockville. If I had gone civilian that's who I was going with. http://advancedwls.com/ Jen
Supportgroup4WLS
on 8/16/06 11:32 am - Potomac Falls, VA
Hey Nat. Since you are on my group Obesity Transformation you should be getting reminder notices of the Staple Club, Journey Together and my group via my yahoo group calender. My group is really growing and I would love to build a bigger and better group. Even tho we are more of a social group we all have a common goal to live healthy and not to regain the weight we have lost. I would love to brain storm with you if you are up to maybe tag teaming our groups. If you know anyone who would like to join they can send an email to: [email protected] I hope to see you on Saturday if you can make it. Roberta
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views