I'm home from Africa!

jilldennis
on 8/16/06 2:29 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
August 16, 2006 Well, I am back from Kenya (Africa). We got back at midnight on the 14th/15th. It was a VERY long flight...but worth it! (We travelled over 32,000 miles in 2 weeks!!!)I will post some pictures later. I just wanted to post that I am back in the US and tired...but glad to be back...and very glad that I went. It was an eye-opening experience and I can't wait until God lets me go again! I think I did good food wise with what I had to work with. I did extra protein when I could....but we had protein at every meal - so that was a plus. We bought lots of bottled water and it was winter there - so it wasn't that hot...in fact it was colder there than it was here. At night it was low 60's several nights! I thought of you all often and am really glad to get back to all of my "stuff". Oh - by the way - we had to go and ge****er three times a day...atleast...we had to walk to the river with the empty buckets and jugs and then walk back with them on our heads. The children at the orphanage laughed at us! But I carried mine all the way back on my head!!! It was about a 3/4 mile walk. Hard work!!! I couldn't have done it a year ago!!! I even out-walked some of our kids! (Not the kids from the orphange! They are awesome!!! They could carry two to my one!) I cannot believe that in just 14 more days I will be at my one year re-birthday!!! WOW!! Who ever would have thought!!!(278 pounds down to 130 pounds!!) (Size 22/24 to a Size 4) Now I am taking a few minutes to catch up on all of the news on the board! I sure did miss you guys! Loveand Hugs! Jill
yvette223
on 8/16/06 2:52 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Glad to hear you had so a wonderful time, talk to you soon yvette
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/06 3:13 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well it is about time !!! LOL ... did you get my email about the Harley T-shirts I have for you? I am sure your trip was an eye opener . I would love to do that one day . Have you ever seen the movie The Last Spear .. If not rent it .. it is a movie about a missions team sent to the jungles . It is such a moving movie . Glad you are home safe sweetie .. I was really worried about you, but I knew God's angels where with you both . Love ya... Nat
Ms Court
on 8/16/06 4:09 am - Remington, VA
Jill, so glad you are back safe & sound. I have missed you. It sounds like you had an awesome time. I was just thinking the other day about your rebirthday. You have had a wonderful journey so far and very inspiring to those of us behind you. Email me when you get a chance. I would love to see if our schedules could mesh one weekend soon so I can come out to see you guys. Courtney
prissy25
on 8/16/06 4:43 am - Barboursville, VA
Welcome home Jill we have misssed your smiling face. Hope to see ya @ the next Charlottesville Meet & Greet Sept 30th 12:00 @ Ponderosa we will have there banquet room for 2 hours I seen it today its closed off from the rest of the resteraunt so maybe you can tell us your story about your trip then. Welcome home again.
Betsy Anitahug
on 8/16/06 10:44 am - Danville, VA
OMG, Jill, I am so happy you are home. I have really been worried about you but I am so glad you got the chance to go and help them there. Please give me a call soon and let me know all about it.. Hugs, Betsy
Shanana
on 8/16/06 11:48 am - Altavista, VA
Welcome back home. I have missed you. Shannon
Ernurse323
on 8/16/06 2:19 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
OMG !!!!! I didn't know you went to Africa !!! How incredible is that !! I can't wait to see your pictures and hear more about your experience. Welcome home !!! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views