First step done for Lauren!! Plus UPDATES

TammyNVA
on 8/14/06 8:50 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey everyone... I haven't been posting on here much lately, but I read posting just about everyday and add folks to my prayer list each time requested... or when I notice a need or concern... ANYWAY, some of you may remembermy posting about my daughter, Lauren, who was diagnosed with the deterioriated discs in her back, and resulting leg pain/numbness (she just turned 22 last month.) WELL, today she had her consult with Commonwealth Surgeons, Jeannine (NP) for Dr. Martin, and has decided on Lap Band surgery. The only thing needed is our PCP to send in her dieting results from the past 2 years (yes, 2 years she's been back and forth!) and all is together for the all important insurance approval. If all goes as expected (and we ALL know how that is) she's hoping to have surgery before the holidays. I'd appreciate prayers around this as it is a long time in coming and we know that the insurance process can sometimes be a little "challenging" to say the least. By the way... I've been doing well at about 8 1/2 months out... losses have slowed down, but I'm still shrinking. Just got into size 16W pants for the first time Sunday (down from a size 30, 8 months ago) and a M/L shirt. My top half has always been 2-3 sizes smaller than bottom half, so I'm not suprised. I'm down 110 pounds and feeling great. Just battling evil mind demons to make myself exercise! Kyle (my hubby) is continuing to heal after his ankle-smashing accident in early April. He went from crutches to a cane with the boot last month, and hopes get rid of the boot after his check-up this Wednesday. He's had that thing on almost 5 months, and he's been doing well in PT with supported walking in just his shoe, so he's hopeful this week. Also, I want to shout out a big THANKS to all of your continued support and inspiration. I love you guys... you are all, in a special way, an important part of my personal support system on this journey and I truly thank each of you!! Tammy
A10sFrau
on 8/14/06 10:15 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Prayers regarding your daughter's surgery! Hugs, Lois
TammyNVA
on 8/14/06 9:41 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Lois!! Tammy
Stacey D.
on 8/14/06 10:45 am - Harrisonburg, VA
Tammy, Keep up those positive thoughts! You are doing great. Your family is in my prayers! Stacey
TammyNVA
on 8/14/06 9:42 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Stacey!! I'm a firm believer in the power of postive thinking!! Hugs, Tammy
wanda
on 8/14/06 11:15 am
Tammy, Wonderful news about your entire family. Glad you and your husband are both doing better and that's WONDERFUL news about your daughter. You will all be in my prayers! Hope to see you soon! Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/06 12:11 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Tammy, That is great news about your daughter and I will keep her in my thoughts as she goes through the insurance nightmare that we all went through. Glad your husband is doing better too! Wearing that boot can't be much fun!! Jackie
Tam
on 8/14/06 9:23 pm - Richmond, VA
Tammy~ Sorry I have been out of touch lately, but with things going on with Mark, my dad getting ready for his radiation implants for his cancer, Kara (my daughter) needing surgery (her tonsils out) and work there has been little time for myself! I really enjoyed meeting Lauren at the meeting a few weeks ago and I think she will do great. Lauren, Kyle and you have remained in my prayers and will continue to be there. I am glad that Kyle is doing better. What happened with the interview? Has Lauren spoken with Sandy at the meetings? She is a bander, too, and will be a great source of knowledge and support to her during this journey. As always, please let me know if you need anything. I do not think I will be at the meeting this week either...Mark is still in PICU at MCV and I need to be there but I will be thinking about you all. If you go please let everyone know that I am thinking about them and miss them and why I am not there. Talk to you soon! {{hugs}} Tammy
Amber B.
on 8/14/06 9:42 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Yay! I'm so happy for her, tell her good luck for us. We are all praying for you guys. Congrats on the 16's, woohoo, that's awesome! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views