first visit "home"~ post-op

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 12:40 am - Remington, VA
Hi All, I am so nervous about heading up to NJ tomorrow for a mini-vacation. It's not really my home, but my husband's. Nonetheless I will be seeing people who I haven't seen since before my gastric bypass. I'm a slow loser at 53 lbs down/5 months yesterday. I'm so scared of people not saying anything about how I look now compared to several months ago! 50+ lbs is decent, and I'm ok with the slow losing.....but will people notice? I know i'm smaller then I was, but have seen people around here who dont say anything.....what's up with that!? I can see a difference in the pics, like the ones I recently posted on my profile where i wore the same outfit I had worn in April for my monthly pics. I'm just nervous and wanted to vent about it! Thanks for listening! Kirsten
Christine Hood
on 8/15/06 12:59 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Don't worry girl! People will DEFINITELY notice! You are looking great and 50 pounds is a lot more noticeable than you think! I just went home to NY after losing 40 pounds and EVERYONE noticed! Good luck girl! Christine 253/208.5/134
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 2:04 am - Remington, VA
Christine, Thank you! You're becoming wonderful for my ego!!! I need to keep you around! Hey,we'll be headed up to NYC for our first broadway musical.....we're excited as we're going to see Mamma Mia, and have heard it's tons of fun! Kirsten
Dave
on 8/15/06 1:57 am - Palmyra, VA
I expect you'll be shocked at the responses you get. Remember: men are very cautious in complimenting ladies on weight loss - we've all said the wrong thing and the last thing any man wants to do is get a lady all riled up at him making comments about her weight. You've done very well and look great! Enjoy the trip and just say thanks a bunch! Dave
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 2:07 am - Remington, VA
Hay Dave, It's nice to meet you!! That's very insightful about the comment you made about men. It probably goes the same for some women too! Oh, and thanks a bunch! Kirsten
Ernurse323
on 8/15/06 2:47 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Kirsten, The lab values on thyroid levels have been changed..although many "general practioners" don't follow the new guidelines. I have a feeling you are losing slower because because of your TSH being at 5. If you have a thyroid problem that can do it. I need to get my levels back from my doc to see where my numbers are at also. You are probably right about on track with everyone that started out at your weight. I think I lost maybe a little faster than you because I counted the weight I lost pre-op..then I had that dang stricture for 3 months !!!! So my weight loss was also from bulemia !!!..hehehe You look stunning !!!! Everyone will notice. Fifty pounds is alota weight !!! Big Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 3:31 am - Remington, VA
Dana, I'm glad you brought that up. I need to call and put in a telephone consult to the doc. I talked with my mom last night and she is on low dose synthroid. Thanks again for always being there for me! Kirsten
Tam
on 8/15/06 3:05 am - Richmond, VA
Kirsten~ I had to take a double and look at the name to realize who you were when you changed your pic. There is definately a big difference and 50+ lbs is nothing to be ashamed of. I am sure you will be surprised at the responses that you get. Have a great time! ~Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 3:34 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, Thanks for your kind words! Kirsten
Patience
on 8/15/06 6:43 am - Lancaster, VA
I afraid Kristen, it is going to be the other way around. People are going to badger you incessitently about how you got to look so wonderful, and tell me your secret, yadda, yadda... If people do not notice, it will be because someone has told them not to make such a big deal. Have a great mini-vacation. Leigh
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views