Marks' first surgery scheduled...Prayers, Please!!!

Tam
on 8/14/06 9:30 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi everyone. Thank you all for the support and prayers during this past week. I have had little to no sleep and am finding it hard to eat. I am getting in enough water and am doing the New Whey protein shooters but can not eat anything. Nothing stays down. I know that this too shall pass. Mark's first surgery for his tumor has been scheduled for tomorrow (Wednesday) morning at 7:30 AM. This surgery is only to make a new path for the spinal fluid to drain from and to try and biopsy it. Then he will have another surgery in a few days to remove the tumor. They still do not know if it is cancer or not. They did a third MRI on his spine last night to see if they can see any other tumors. I will keep you all updated and thanks again for all of the prayers and support. My family and I are grateful! {{hugs}} Tammy
Christine Hood
on 8/14/06 9:34 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Prayers continue to be with you Tammy...have faith and everything will be ok. Please be sure to take care of yourself so that you stay healthy. Hugs Christine
Tam
on 8/14/06 9:41 pm - Richmond, VA
Christine~ Thanks for the continued prayers. We sure do need them right now. I do have faith and Mark's does as well. He is staying pretty upbeat during all of this. I am trying to take care of myself, too. I figure that if I can't eat then at least I can do the protein drinks and have some nutrition. Something is better than nothing, right? {hugs} Tammy
Amber B.
on 8/14/06 9:35 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you, I wish I lived closer, maybe I could help more. It brings back a lot ofmemories for me about my niece. It was such a horrible thing to go through, all the waiting nearly killed us. In the end, it worked out. She is a miracle and survived being born with cancer. It sounds like you guys found it soon enough, that's a good sign. I'm just going to keep praying its not cancer. One less thing to deal with. I'm here if you need me, Amber
Tam
on 8/14/06 9:47 pm - Richmond, VA
Amber~ Thanks for all you have done! The prayers are most definately wanted, needed and really appreicated right now. Unfortunately there is nothing else that anyone can do right now. I wish no one ever had to go through this. My dad was diagnosed with cancer last year and is getting ready to have is first round of radiation implants done next Wednesday. I have met so many people at the hospital that have cancer or some other illness and it really opens your eyes. I keep telling myself that God only gives us what we can handle so he must think my family is strong enough for this. I believe that (and always have) and no matter what I always will. {hugs} ~Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/06 12:41 am - Remington, VA
Tammy, I hope everytihing goes well during the surgery tomorrow and will be praying for Mark's health! And your's too. Take care of you! Kirsten
Tam
on 8/15/06 3:09 am - Richmond, VA
Kirsten~ Thank you so much. I hope no one on here is getting tired of me posting about this but my family needs all the prayers we can get right now and I do consider the people on this board as a second family. Still not able to get anything to stay down but am drinking the protein as best as I can. My levels are down (I average 110-120 grams per day but the past week has been 50-60 grams) but I am just glad to be able to get any in at all! Will update when I can tomorrow after the surgery. ~Tammy
wanda
on 8/15/06 7:16 pm
Tammy, Prayers are with Mark today. I hope this surgery goes well. Please keep us posted on his progress. Hugs, Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views